Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old house on lake street

Dave400

Got permission to hunt old house built around 1900.This house is owned by a local historian.She told me the houses history before I started.It was amazing.I couldn't wait to get started.most times I just get to keep all my finds,but she was very excited about what I might find.And she said she might want to keep and display any items that were related to the houses history.I said I was fine with that.I was was just excited to get the chance to hunt the house.Well I started in the front yard along the sidewalk.Well I was right,what a fantastic hunt.
I started finding coins right off the start.Indian head cents,nickels,Then I got tid of 39 and that sweet sound.Imade a small hole and poped out the plug.I saw a small silver edge in the dirt.Thought I had my first silver coin, but when I cleaned the dirt off it was a silver cuff link with imitial H. on it.What a surprise.
Got some more coins after that. Then I get a silver sound again a coin ? No another cuff link, this one has two diamond shaped ends, white with little blue stars etched into it.And its also silver.Well after the first 30 minutes of hunting my heart is really pumping now.You always hope for a house like this.
Then I get a small metal toy soldger,no head,broken legs,but still cool.I hunted about an hour or so then I went to show the lady my results so far.She was as excited as I was,and enjoyed all the finds..Couldn't wait to show her husband.No silver coins up till now.Went back out started in the front again.I hadn't gone 20 feet when I hear the Sweet sound of silver.I dig down and I see big silver.Well I started shaking at that point.Slowly I moved the dirt and took it out.A Barber half from 1898. I smiled from ear to ear. It was such an exciting hunt.Probebly one of my best hunts.
The came some Merks and a Barber dime 1897. Hunted for about 3.5 hours.Started getting dark.By then her husband had come home and I showed them my finds and told them I would clean everything up and put them in a small box in foam.They were as excited as I was. about all the finds.Being an historian in the town she really was shocked to see how in 3 hours what great treasures could be found.In the right spot with the right machine ( My Safari of course ) They told me to come back anytime I wanted.I couldn't even sleep last night .
Got all the finds cleaned and in the box ready to show them. In 3.5 hours of hunting I found 42 coins 1-Barber half 1898 , 3- Merks 2-1942 , 1-barber - 1897,5-indianheads-1893,1907.3-1906 , 15 wheats , 12 memorials , 4-Jefferson nickles , 1 Buff. 1915 (bad shape) 2- newer dimes , 2- sterling cufflinks , And lots of trash.Can't wait to get back.Trying to sends some pics hope it works

Wow.
We know what youre going to be doing this winter.

Excellent. Hope the next hunt there is even better!

I would of kept the silver thou. I would of given them anything that was part of the history of the house, just not the coins. Yea, it is exciting to hunt a virgin site, but I still have to justify having my time and my $1000 or more of gear. It's kind of like catch and release like fishing, I eat the fish. I have always had the policy to show what I think I should to the owners and that's it. Once back in the 70's I hunted a yard like you have there, I found a lot of good coins in the 3 hours I was there. I showed my finds to the little old lady of the house, she had them in her hand, then just said thanks and dropped them into her apron she had on. They don't see everything you get out of every hole and keep your back to the house when you dig. If anyone thinks I'm a crook or thief, so be it. I rarely hunt yards anymore, just fields where the relics are.................MO