Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old logging camp gold v3i and SEF 10x12:clapping:

burlbark

Well it has been a while since I felt I found something worth posting. Our hunting team consisting of ME my wife and friend "V", have been hunting old logging camps and old settler locations. The areas are loaded with brass and countless ferrous targets, but seldom have any good coins.

Running in mixed mode and the gain at 4 I found this ring at around 5". Good solid numbers one way of 80-82 and turning 90 degrees of target I got a vdi of 70 and thought I had a silver dime on edge. There where 5 different signals all around it but becuase I could pinpoint and watch the 3 frequencies I was able to watch the 7.5 frequency hit dominant amongst all the other blips of trash and square nails. I use this technique every time I hunt.

My wife gets and honorable mention with her DFX and her 1902 indian. :clapping:

"V" found a Bull Durham "Heads you win if you smoke Bull Durham Token".

My ring acid tested out to be less than 10k and has a high kt gold wash on the inside with all the outside wash gone from elements and cleaning. The acid test is indicitive of 5-7k typical of these old rings. You can actually see the non-homogenous gold with the other elements.

This coil is sure doing a great job and it was worth the hassle to get a good one. Cant wait to try the 12x15 in our hunted out fields.

The picture of the tailgate is all the non-ferrous targets we dug for the day, including a couple of watches from bottle diggers.:blowup:

The "Three Amigos" strike gold once again!!!!:bouncy:

Congrats! Ya definately worked hard and patiently. Thanks for the comments regarding the SEF12 x 10. I also have a good one (null) and am noting some tuning / set up differences between that coil and the D2. But that's for another post.
Don't ya just love having the acid test kit? It's great not having to wonder about the noble metal content.
HH- Bruce

5" with RX 4 looks great. Is this your white 10x12?

[attachment 260702 Super.jpg]

Rob (IL) said:
5" with RX 4 looks great. Is this your white 10x12?

Yep Rob, its the white one. So many targets dug over the course of the last 3 weeks. Nothing lacking for depth, I find the detector goes deep enough to find any coin sized targets at 5-7" with a gain of 4-6. The SEF has a very narrow search window, like a razor blade. In the open pasture areas or real loamy soil I crank it up.

We have found a total of 3-4 old pennies in the last 3 hunts, the coins where just not out there in the logging camps. The company store charge account probably ate up so much of these guys pay they didnt even get to see cash. Yesterday "V" found a possible store script with 5 F cents on both sides of the coin and no date. I should have posted a pic.

I'm glad to hear you finally found a good coil. It took long enough. I can't wait to get home and hope the weather will allow me to get some hunting done soon.