Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old School Site

kozyman

Farmers are taking off crops and that means back to the fields where no rain doesn't matter. Me and a buddy hunted a couple hours this morning he dug an 1895 Barber Half, first for him and an IH. I dug a 1900 Canadian dime, 1900 Barber dime, 1905 Barber dime and 4 IHs 1901, 1905,1904, 1906. Going back this afternoon so I will get pictures together and post later the rest of the hunt.

Thanks for looking

I finished the day with 2 barber dimes, 1909, 1906,a 1900 Canadian dime, a 1942 Merc a 1909 wheat, 8 IH's 2 1885s, 1904, 1905, 1906, 1901, 2 1903s. One of my best days . My buddy ended up with three IHs, a V nickle and an 1895 Barber half. He also dug a 14 K gold wedding band. Great day in the field.
Thanks for looking

what state are you in?nice finds

Yowza! That's terrific haul! (those two IHs look like 1895 to me).

Being a field, did the targets seem more shallow, or were they still down deep? Love those old school sites - have you tried ferrous with all metal?

All real shallow, after 2 inches the ground was like cement because it is so dry here. Nothing like doing some research and hunting an old homestead or school site. This school was on an 1880's map

Back again this morning I managed 2 more IH's 1900, 1890 and a wheatie. My buddy dug two more IH's for a total in 2 days of 13 IH's from this spot. He also dug a 1900 Barber dime. On the way back home for lunch we stopped at an old site he had found arrowheads at in earlier years and he dug a 1860 LC.
Another great day

Well me and my Buddy are finished with this one room school since they are getting ready to plant it with wheat. We ended up with 23 IH's 5 wheats. a merc and I think 5 barber dimes and a barber half, and an 18k wedding band.Best old school yet.

Sounds like a good spot. Way to go.