Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old school site...

gunwolf

got out with Matt again this morning for a bit, drove his Vanquish 540 for while and it was fun, then we moved on to the spot where a early 1900's school used to sit... got me a Merc and a couple wheats, the only dateable old thing I found was the lock that I ID'd as a Slaymaker-Barry lock company lock and it dates to the 1890's... so next time there i will crank up the E-trac and go deep and slow and see what's hiding!
D6ZQZcn.jpg

v4OMkzW.jpg

We had at one time over 40 school sites in my county (1100 sq miles). You guys are just twisting my arms and legs to go back to school (so to speak) so maybe time to crawl out of my coin cloak. Good job!!

Interesting finds and looks like some potential for even better finds...
Not to hijack your post, but I found a lock exactly like the one you found around an old house site in the woods several years ago.
I have seen a couple others posted that people found also.
Never could ID it, but saw a picture ( illustration) in a reprint of an old 1902 Sears catalog.
Only other finds made around the house to help date it were a 1940's wheat penny which I believe was lost after the house was abandoned,
a heel plate, and a Jeb Stuart style sword hanger.
Thanks for posting the information on the lock.. I attached a photo of the one I found.
One other note... that heart shaped item most likely has something engraved or embossed on it.
I found one earlier this year from the 1907 Jamestown exposItion.
Looking forward to seeing you future finds at that site, and good luck!!

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 73
Nice lock! Keep us posted on your return trip with the Etrac.

Good finds schools are never hunted out!
Mark