Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD & VACANT Property Metal Detecting Tool

MoMetalDetect

THIS IS FOR DETECTORISTS IN THE USA :usaflag:

I don't want to step on any toes by posting a link on this forum (got warned in the past), but I will tell you that there is an EXCELLENT search tool if you google:

"Steve's Old, Vacant Property Metal Detecting Tool" :super:

The page should come up #1 or #2 on a google search. If someone else wants to post that link here, then fine. I just didn't want to get in trouble with this sites admin.

Would that be trespassing without getting permission from the bank?

As stated on the page, I "recommend" asking permission. I'm sure if you don't then it would be considered "trespassing". I am just offering a public tool. What people do is up to them. Happy hunting!

Yea, don't think a bank will give you the go ahead,... liability issue. Well, maybe a small town bank would, worth a try I guess.

I have done this in the past but I ask the listing realtor for permission.

That period of time between the foreclosure process and the listing of the property for sale buy the mortgager is technically in legal terms an 'abandonment'. When the mortgager commences the foreclosure action in accordance with the agreement between the mortgagee (owner) and the mortgagor (bank) the bank does not 'own' the property at that time. The bank is merely starting the process of taking ownership. Each state has its own rules but usually the property has to be vacant. It cannot have the mortgagee inhabiting the property nor can it be in a rental/occupied status. The mortagee has to be in arrears of payment to the extent the contract states or has outright abandoned the property. The bank presents this to a judge and requests a transfer of title to the bank at which point the bank then can sell the propert as the owner. This process may take as much as a year or more. Thats why you see properties that appear abandoned for months before a real estate sign is posted. The banks dont want to spend as little money as possible on the property so they do the minimums which is insure the property from hazards, pay the taxes and due minimum landscape work to the extent it prevents being ticketed through local ordinances. So, what I'm saying here is the 'legal' owner of the property resides with the mortgagee until the bank, through the courts, has the property retitled in their name as the owner. As far as I know that process is basically the same in every state. Asking the banks for permission during this 'abandonment' period before, before being listed for sale, may not be the legally correct thing to do. If you know the property owner or can find out who it is, a note from them should surfice. Technically, legally the property is still theirs until the title/deed transfer to the bank is made.

Why would a bank give permission to a perfect stranger to go on their property or property that they are trying to sell , give permission to dig holes? LOL

The instructions must need to be updated. Zillow apparently has changed their format. Instructions say to first click on Advanced Search on Home Page and that this is the only way this search works.The Advanced Search is not even an option on Zillows Home page.....so your screwed from the start. Not much help I'd say.

I have actually contacted realtors for properties for sale,sometimes they contacted the property owners for me or gave me their phone number to ask permission!
LabradorBob