Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old watch fob

kansa54

Found this watch fob at one of our local high schools. Must have been an old house there years ago because I find a few old items in one certain spot.
The ground is almost to hard to dig in but sure glad I dug this target. It's an Advance-Rumely Thresher Co. watch fob. One side shows the Oil-Pull thresher tractor and the other side states " Guaranteed Oil Burning Oil Cooled Oil Pull Tractor. Advance Rumely Thresher Co. LaPorte Ind."
A little research shows it to be from the 1920's.
The great thing about this hobby is the history and knowledge one gains while researching the cool stuff we find.

Nice Find--My finds lately have been few and far between... Tony AZ

Watch Fobs are one my favorite finds, that is a great one there......congrats

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments.
A little more research shows that Advance-Rumely Thresher Co. was in business from 1915 to 1931 and than was purchased by Allis-Chalmers. The internet sure makes researching a lot easier than it once was.

Nice find !

Neat man and I agree about the history thing. I look at coins as being little posted notes with the date written on and are part of an on-going investigation at every site. I would love to find a fob like that since I was on the farm for 35 years. -------------------IB