Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old yacht club gives up lots of old silver coins!

Mark kus

These were from several trips on a local river spot that was a old yacht club we had over 50 silver coins 6 halves 2 barbers one seated and 3 walkers.
Some coins were on the surface all below the high tide line these are all my finds the halves were all just under rocks one Spanish half Reale and a KG 2 if you have old river swimming areas check them you may be pleasantly surprised!
All using my equinox 800 beach 2 no discrimination sensitivity 20-25
Mark

Attachments

• C41C0CBA-A550-4C8A-9871-9062FB124F1F.jpeg
    C41C0CBA-A550-4C8A-9871-9062FB124F1F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 364
  • 469A82B4-1852-4EC6-B95E-8AAC0B1789AB.jpeg
    469A82B4-1852-4EC6-B95E-8AAC0B1789AB.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 354
  • C0DF1BCB-42D6-4E8B-8225-F061D43B4AC1.jpeg
    C0DF1BCB-42D6-4E8B-8225-F061D43B4AC1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 323
  • 8E31D2E6-56DC-4799-A519-FDF580EE7D15.jpeg
    8E31D2E6-56DC-4799-A519-FDF580EE7D15.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 05DE070F-772B-4C8D-8439-ADA7099F7396.jpeg
    05DE070F-772B-4C8D-8439-ADA7099F7396.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 274
  • 418BE583-B292-43EC-A383-8F9132D4173B.jpeg
    418BE583-B292-43EC-A383-8F9132D4173B.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 361
Old sliver. Like it a lot. Speakin' of old. My pappi was an old injun fighter. He used to fight all the old injuns.

I can just see Thurston Howell dropping half dollars off the side of the yacht…… neat for sure!

What an astronomical amount of silver from one area!!! You are killing it Mark!

These were from several trips on a local river spot that was a old yacht club we had over 50 silver coins 6 halves 2 barbers one seated and 3 walkers.
Some coins were on the surface all below the high tide line these are all my finds the halves were all just under rocks one Spanish half Reale and a KG 2 if you have old river swimming areas check them you may be pleasantly surprised!
Mark
very impressive finds, congratulations!!

Some coins were on the surface all below the high tide line these are all my finds the halves just under rocks one Spanish half Reale and a KG 2 if you have old river swimming areas check them you may be pleasantly surprised!
Mark
This nut hav

This must have been a thrill. Do you have any advice on finding old swimming holes or similar areas? I though old newspapers could help or local books. I live in Pennsylvania and around here it’s mostly creeks. I’m sure people in the day went in them to cool off but there’s also a lot of trash such as aluminum cans, pull tabs, etc, and likely sharp stuff like broken glass. I’ve tried checking the edges of some creeks without any luck. I know the stuff is out there.

This must have been a thrill. Do you have any advice on finding old swimming holes or similar areas? I though old newspapers could help or local books. I live in Pennsylvania and around here it’s mostly creeks. I’m sure people in the day went in them to cool off but there’s also a lot of trash such as aluminum cans, pull tabs, etc, and likely sharp stuff like broken glass. I’ve tried checking the edges of some creeks without any luck. I know the stuff is out there.
Yeah sometimes it’s tough this spot is identified but I did not know until I looked at Google earth and saw it.
I went there blind and started hitting the bank and found a barber quarter almost right away and then as the tide was going out my friend started finding coin’s below the high tide line
Some maps have led river crossings shown or ferry landings will be shown it’s a thrill when you find a un detected spot most of my spots are only reached by boat also as land along this river is mostly private.
The coins I’ve found at this one spot go back to KG 2 and a Spanish Reale seated the older finds
I’ve had neighbors say to me it’s private property but it’s all below the high tide so there’s nothing they can do.
Mark

Once just out side a city park, between the sidewalk & the curb I found I had a strong signal. In the hole I dug was about a foot around & a foot deep. I dug 174 coins out. None were old, just cents, nickles dimes * 2 quarters.

Once just out side a city park, between the sidewalk & the curb I found I had a strong signal. In the hole I dug was about a foot around & a foot deep. I dug 174 coins out. None were old, just cents, nickles dimes * 2 quarters.
Man that would of been a thrill.
Bank loot would of been fun too. 😉

Yeah sometimes it’s tough this spot is identified but I did not know until I looked at Google earth and saw it.
I went there blind and started hitting the bank and found a barber quarter almost right away and then as the tide was going out my friend started finding coin’s below the high tide line
Some maps have led river crossings shown or ferry landings will be shown it’s a thrill when you find a un detected spot most of my spots are only reached by boat also as land along this river is mostly private.
The coins I’ve found at this one spot go back to KG 2 and a Spanish Reale seated the older finds
I’ve had neighbors say to me it’s private property but it’s all below the high tide so there’s nothing they can do.
Mark
Old fishing spots can be good too.

Back in my home town as a kid in middle Ohio.
No lakes nearby. We had a creek that ran year round. A 20' wide area near a small bridge was our swimming hole. Though infested with leaches today. I know I lost coins there.
Maybe some day I'll get a wet suit and give it try.
I imagine any Creek could be productive.

Thanks Crazy spot I'm going back this winter when the tides are super low