Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Older maps

Highlifter1000

Good evening. Can anyone give me a few sites with older past maps....Topo... Satellite etc? I always search for myself before asking but I haven't been successful. There is civil war history in Tensas Parish where I live and I know of a ferry landing but need to an older map for reference. Any help is greatly thanked.

Historic Aerialscom They have maps also. Probably only go back to the 1940's but helpful because change came slow until after WW2. Also maybe LSU Library.

Might try googling with different types of searches.. History of Tensas parish.. etc.. I find what works in one state is not helpful in the next Good luck
HH Jeff
Im very familiar with history of Winter Quarter's and local civil war action here. Just having a hard time getting a hold of some older maps. Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

I saw a YouTube clip awhile back. It took older aerials and blended them over current aerials. You control the blending which was cool to watch. Tried to find it but cant remember the name or what it was attached to. I’m going to keep looking but I’m not that good at this……

Good evening. Can anyone give me a few sites with older past maps....Topo... Satellite etc? I always search for myself before asking but I haven't been successful. There is civil war history in Tensas Parish where I live and I know of a ferry landing but need to an older map for reference. Any help is greatly thanked.
Highlifter1000, there is a Maps forum and a Technology forum below. Your question was probably answered in one of those already.
Your right to ask and I should look at these forums more often too.
Best of luck,
Tony

Not much help Have you tried your county historical society/library those have both paid off for me.
Thank you. I'll give it a go

Highlifter1000, there is a Maps forum and a Technology forum below. Your question was probably answered in one of those already.
Your right to ask and I should look at these forums more often too.
Best of luck,
Tony
Thank you. You are correct. I totally forgot that. I appreciate that 👍

1911 Old maps
LA-Tensas-Parish-Louisiana-1911-Map-Rand-McNally.jpg

I saw a YouTube clip awhile back. It took older aerials and blended them over current aerials. You control the blending which was cool to watch. Tried to find it but cant remember the name or what it was attached to. I’m going to keep looking but I’m not that good at this……
Ron, your last two sentences had to describe me. I had to laugh.