Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Olympic beach, gold, silver and bronze :nopity::crazy:

senda

Hi guys. After several weeks without leaving a spot came the day yesterday.
Low tide was early as I like. The same beach that my late departures. The sun struggled with the foggy place in heaven.
The beach is several kilometers long but I go to places most visited by visitors and where I get more product. I go Segun signal, a ring and soon after another signal and a 1 euro coin. Half an hour of swing slow and small steps and no results. I start to get bored, no sign neither good nor bad. My walk runs along the shore two or three meters of water doing "SSSSSSSS" like a giant snake of 100 kilo. I :rofl:decide to change direction without giving me time, BANG! Sign, deep , about 30/35 cm. A lead rod. Well ! , There may be more things . I continue to work the area, the millimeter and another sign , a copper coin , value 8 maravedis of King Carlos III , in the year 1781, perfect ! . I thank God , the sea and Mother Earth for the gift. I'm very happy , I can go home happy ...
I'm still in the area, making a spiral and another sign , a religious medal in gold 18 K. This is getting very good. A few meters another signal. You have to dig another 40 cm deep and a thin coin appears . Negra. When I got home I check the books of numismatics . But nothing appears . Looking on the internet, and quickly find something similar that gives me the clue to identify the coin . It is a " Blanc de Billon " Duke of Brittany Johannes V (1389-1442) in silver , 2 grams, 600 years. I never thought to find such relics on a beach and in this state of preservation ...
The day was complete with several weights of fish of good size.
Thanks for looking .
regards
CAM00324_zps4fb79078.jpg

CAM00325_zpsf71c075c.jpg

CAM00329_zps2f375591.jpg

CAM00331_zpse8af6974.jpg

CAM00333_zps584f8f8c.jpg

Remarkable! :clapping: Great finds and post on how you work that beach like a big anaconda!:rofl: The gold is of course great, but that old coin is really an outstanding find! Well Done!:beers:
Mud

Thanks Mud , I have not yet touched down , I keep hanging around with stupid face that this is incredible , this old silver coin takes 500 years to the beach waiting for me.
My imagination does not stop.
A cold , dark night with no moon. A strange boat anchors without lights beachfront . Silently thrown into the sea on a boat with 10 sailors. Also shipped two mysterious people. By their clothes are a man and a woman. I avoid being discovered by the garrison defending the port fortin , approach slowly to the beach. Only a slight splash of the oars is heard. They have not gone to the port , nobody has to know his landing . The keel of the boat touches the sandy aground on sand background . QUICK sailors armed with muskets , onto the beach. Several of them are deployed in the direction of the dunes while others help to jump ashore the mysterious passengers. The skipper of the boat light a small flashlight and makes a fast signal , wait half a minute and repeat the same action . At the top of the dune answer another light . Murmurs are heard and pawing of chivalry . An elderly gentleman approaches accompanied by a servant with several horses . No hurry, the dawn is coming and you have to reach the castle on the other side of town, without being discovered ....
for example ...:rofl:
senda

Great finds and a great "what if" story to go with them! You might be closer to the truth with your imagination story than you think!
I found a 1965 quarter in a ball field today and thought I had something old!
HH Ed in co.

Thank you very much to all.
the last time I was over 4 hours late detecting 3 days when some muscles recognize the signs of my brain. :blink:
regards

Awesome finds and while I love gold targets, that coin is incredibly well preserved!! a big congrats!!

Great finds! I don't think I could have left the beach until my arms fell off or my battery's died !

Wow man, I couldn`t imagine finding something that old and cool plus gold to boot! Congrats!!!! :drool:

That would definitely be a tough hunt to beat! Congratulations :thumbup: Better enter that into the FIND OF THE MONTH.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_favoirite_find_2014_intl.aspx

Congrats on the oldies:thumbup:

[size=x-large]Most people will never find such wonderful coins.[/size] :beers:

Those are some fantastic finds, Senda! You won the Gold, Bronze and Silver! :clapping: I'm pretty sure that if I ever found a coin over 500 years old, I'd wet myself (hopefully, I'd already be in the water, hah!). You should do some creative writing - your story certainly had me imagining a dark, moody coastline in the Mediterranean populated by swarthy smugglers and creaky wooden ships... :cheers:

Thanks to all colleagues! you and your words make my happiness complete.
The finding of this rare coin in Brittany beach turns me think a lot and if, let my imagination fly. But it's very easy. The beach belongs to a people. In a very small and beautiful bay. Surrounded by marshes, on a small peninsula. Inhabited since before the Romans arrived. With castle. With gothic church. With defensive walls. There was even a small fort defending the harbor entrance from 1550 or so. Here some of my ancestors lived. By his trade in the nineteenth century divers worked on the construction of the bridge and other civil works related to his office. Now is a fishing village and tourist. If you want to know more click clik here
A big hello to everyone.

Always i prefer the old coins, really the coin have history, the gold is only material value ...but this combination is very good two old coins and some gold, not by bread alone does man live ...:rofl: