Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000 on relics??

Daniel Tn

I've gone back through quite a bit of older posts trying to learn what I can. It seems everybody agrees that the T2 is the relic machine and Omega is the better one for coins. I'm putting together a bit of a string theory kind of thing.

In going back through all my past machines and from people I know that hunt locally...almost everybody has one thing in common for doing well in heavily mineralized iron dirt: low-mid frequency machines do extremely well.

The big power house machines of today, that run in the upper khz zones...say 13-19 khz...get the credit for the best depth for most people. In good ground I can add testimony to that. But in hot ground, they seem to lose their umph so to speak...as do all of them. But I have noticed that the lower khz machines do give better responses to targets in this kind of dirt. From the CoinStrike to the 1200 series Fishers, to the Spectrum XLTs, and even today with the Whites V3i...it really does its best in single frequency, 7.5.

Which brings me to the Omega. I know the 7 khz is killer for coins...but the operating frequency has me interested in this machine. It is a newer generation machine with this operating freq zone I'm talking about....and with the older units hard to find, and no aftermarket accessory coils being produced for them....the Omega has me wondering about it. It has several coils available, even larger than the 11" DD.

So I'm wondering, has anybody from VA, TN, AL, or GA...in red clay or iron dirt hunted relics with the Omega and DD coil?? If so, what were your thoughts about it, and how bout a depth range on Minie Balls and such in this kind of ground? I may be wrong, and the T2 walk the dog with it, but that 7 khz has me awfully curious. The thing about the T2 here is that it could go really deep as long as you didn't trust your target ID and if you ran it in motion all metal. Other wise, even in BP mode, in my dirt it would start to ID a minie ball as iron at just 6" in the ground....so if you ran discrimination any above iron range, you would be walking over everything 6" and deeper.

Daniel,
No VLF I have ever used will hunt central Va. The cold rock bedrock plays more of a role then the red dirt. Turns good signals to iron signals on Id meters. Hunted this area for 30 years now. George Tex Kinsey

I'm no worried so much of the IDs being off....that is to be expected here and up there. Instead I'm wondering if the Omega with its low operating freq would actually go deeper for lead and such in that kind of ground, vs a T2 or something in the 13-19 kHz range, that excels in low-mid mineralized ground.

Especially with the 11" DD coil or other larger DDs. I can't afford a PI machine right now so I'm seeking the best I can get for the $.

Almost every forum had lots of folks in your neck of the woods extolling the virtues of the Whites 5900. Now I'm confused. Not that I'm going to hunt over there any time soon. lol

I relic hunt omega in bama and get great results. I use the11" in dense iron with 2 tones and the after market 15" detector tornado in less iron areas with unreal depth on lead and buttons. The omega was my back up machine to the v3i. Sold v3 I last year after buying tornado coil. Love the simplicity of omega and with the two detector coils I out perform the v.

Daniel in the new DEUS machines manual I just bought it has 4 frequencies to choose from to use and it says in the manual 4khz for low or no mineralization, 8 for low mineralization with some hot rocks, 12khz for general all around useage in mineralized soil with iron and hot rocks and then 18khz for very mineralized with iron and hot rocks soil it says right in the manual. My GB settings run 80-85 here on all my machines pretty mineralized with lots of hot rocks. Makes my Fisher F75LTD chattery while sweeping soil unless I run low like 30-35 sensitivity in Boost or DE modes.

I got a bat wing at a measured 11 inches with my Omega in Northern Va. The soil in this particular area was decent, not too mineralized. Also found plenty of bullets in the area, which I'd hunted hard with an MXT.

work an area with the Omega, then work it with a G2(or vise versa), you will be shocked !, or just use a T2 all the time and miss nothing. Opinion, yes tried and true, most definately !!

I have used just about every top machine and then some trying to find out what I like best or what works best for me...lol but what im getting at is I have a couple of hunting buddies here in East Tn and they ALWAYS stick to there T2 and they always have good finds and we are all dealers and have access to everything, so your answer is T2 then omega 8000