Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8500 ad.

lsjr

Just received my new magazine and there is a full page ad for the 8500. Says it has backlight, adjustable threshold and boost! Sounds good to me.

I don't have clarity on what can or can not be talked about. Dealers have not been given any price or sale sheet info. Although we do have access to the manual and images. It's quite impressive how much has been added!

so they can run a full page ad in the magazines without any prices and the dealers aren't allowed to give out that info either.

We haven't been told anything. I'd rather not publicly talk about it until I'm told we can.

from what i've been reading the dealers may know but they're not allowed to tell any one yet.

If there is an ad in public please post it here and maybe I can talk about what's shown. Dealers have been given zero info so far. Only info I have is self found on dealer files share. I will definitely tell all when I know for sure I can. I would not expect them to be cheaper than current omega for sure. And it seems they stuck to it's life blood vs moving to the BH Pro/F11/22/44 route. The omega is my favorite detector and I have no doubt the new one will set a new single lower frequency VLF bar.

I have always liked the Omega platform. I found it to really like silver and had good target i d down to pretty good depth. Looking forward to checking this one out. HH jim tn

If it can use current coils and does better in EMI it will be an easy sell for me. I really like the current Omega. Actually any of the current Fisher/Teknetics models do well for me.

digsgti said:
If it can use current coils and does better in EMI it will be an easy sell for me. I really like the current Omega. Actually any of the current Fisher/Teknetics models do well for me.

:thumbup:

Ok, I can talk about features and stuff. There is no release date or price info yet. So we are probably a month or two out. That's just a guess of late summer. Ads have to get submitted well in advance so that's why the timing is off.

It's the same housing, pole, coils, and freq at 8000

Has gain/thresh split on two knobs like the G2 for all metal. Just gain/sensitivity available for disc.

Disc and notch is the same as before just controlled with touchpad. However notch has volume. So in addition to master volume level you have a volume off set for every category. so system can be max 10. but every category can have the same or lower (to no volume). So notchtone instead of Fetone only.

5 tone options. not adjustible, same as before but 5th option is like 4 tone without proportional audio and 1 tone is vco

in All metal you have phase readout like G2 and also GB off set configurable

It has process like T2 but called DEEP 0-3. Fast mode, default, slower 60hz EMI filter (dst), and slower with 60hz and 50hz emi filter (dst)

settings save beside GB

multi target categorization (like a confidence meter). Notch with most confident solid, then up to 3 others half lit. So 4 target samples per pass (primary plus 3 secondary).

backlight

So, if I understand the notch tone feature correctly, I could assign a low volume to the iron segment, a medium volume to foil/jewelry and nickel segments, and a high volume to the high segments?

If I understand it correctly this will be a nifty feature for coin hunters. Dang, I just bought an Etrac...

Heh, that Etrac aint going away anytime soon, but the new Omega sounds awfully tempting. Maybe I need to go buy some lottery tickets..