Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8500 ad.

This was the 'B' revision of the original 8500 CoinComputer dating back over 30 years. The 'B' signified the addition of Tone ID. This is not even close to what the new Omega 8500 will be.

This is a good, entertaining read, however, for many newcomers to the hobby to get a glimpse of one of the models that started the Target ID and Tone ID craze in the metal detecting industry by the old, 'original' Teknetics company in Lebanon, Oregon.

Monte

Thanks for the info, detectingMO. Sounds like they're taking the machine to another level. Love the idea of the volume offset, that's something that has been very high on my wish list. I'll definitely be getting one when they hit the market.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this---but---doesn't the Omega 8000 manual also only talk about ground balancing in a.m. but you can gb in disc also?---I'm thinking it may be the same situation with the 8500.----I guess we will know eventually.
detectingMO said:
I'm not sure. Manual only talks about in AM.

Since teknetics posted the ad on facebook today I believe it's safe to show new layout zoomed in a bit.

Hope the DST can do for this machine what it did to my F75. Adjustable threshold in AM mode will be welcome also. Thanks detectingMO.

I hope the fast mode is like f75/t2 so I dont need to have a iron relic machine. Low freq and fast return should be killer in small iron/nails. I'm sure the regular and deep modes will still like aluminum but that's a fine trade off. Crossing my fingers d1 (default deep) is same as v6 omega.

Any chance of it being showerproof....it sounds great so far....been holding off, waiting for the 8500 to come out.

I just received a new magazine today with an ad for the 8500. It only mentions a waterproof coil. No mention of release date.