Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega problem

donl98632

Just traded for a used Omega and seem to have a problem. It came with a 8" concentric coil and the problem is, when I press pinpoint, no matter the sensitivity or coil in air or on ground, I get a overload signal. This happens everywhere even at my outside my house which is 10 miles out in the country. Suspect a bad coil but do not have another to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had one that if I recall correctly had those same symptoms and the problem turned out to be a bad pin point membrane. Which, F T fixed very promptly. HH jim tn

donl98632 said:
Just traded for a used Omega and seem to have a problem. It came with a 8" concentric coil and the problem is, when I press pinpoint, no matter the sensitivity or coil in air or on ground, I get a overload signal. This happens everywhere even at my outside my house which is 10 miles out in the country. Suspect a bad coil but do not have another to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Contact the seller!
I'll agree with "jim tn" sounds like the touch pad membrane. Contact the seller and inform them that the detector isn't in good working order and see if it can be arranged to be or get corrected. You either need your money back and ship it back to the seller, or, arrange for you to ship it to First Texas and with the seller information for repair cost if any.

Mark

Thanks jim and mark for the replies, I will be getting together with the person I traded with in a couple of days. He has another coil we will try and if that is not the problem he will give back my trade. Nothing like dealing with a person who stands by his trade.; Don.

I have to ask are sure you mean the pin point button, and not the GB button ? for that would be quite normal if there is any metal around.

It may well be a mis matched coil as well, as I'm very certain none of them came with a 8" round, if you can get the normal stock 5 X 10 from the guy.

It may well be what the other here have suggested too. Hope you get it worked out.