Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

omega versions

Could anyone please tell me when the different versions of the omega were released like the 4 5 and 6 I've found bits and pieces here and there but never all in one post. Also what is different between each version is the 6 changed up so much that you wouldn't want a 5? Thank you!

I doubt very much there is any significant differences, or they would have remaned it, like they just did with the T2 "upgrade".

Unless someone has actually been involved in it's design or programming I would not put too much into what you hear, as there are always the ones who want to feel superior, that their new detector is the best, or that they know something you don't.

I did see a post the fellow mentions how quiet his version 6 was running, Im sure it has a lot to do with the ground and SENS level. Where I live there is a lot of iron, and hot rocks almost every where, I run mine at 99 SENS almost all the time, it's version 5 yes it makes some noise, but so does EVERY other detector capable of similar performance. IE a coin to 10+ inches.

There's a new update of the G2 coming out very shortly they're calling it G2+. So again if the Omega had any real improvements in version they most likely would have renamed it too.

Sorry for my tardy response and thank you for your speedy response. We're just starting crops here in mid western wi so my computer time is at a minimum. I now have my new omega in hand and tried it out for the first time but haven't checked the version number yet. Thank you again.

The main difference that I can tell from my new version 5 from my old version 4 is that I can hear the high tone better even at a lower sensitivity setting and seems to get about the same depth at the lower setting. I'm guessing that they increased the grain to sensitivity ratio since both are controlled by a single knob. My biggest gripe on my older version was that I couldn't hear the high tone very well when I turned down the sensitivity to control the EMI. Now anything above 60 on the sensitivity the high tone comes in loud and clear. Also at the lower setting, it doesn't seem to lose much depth. They may have also added some EMI shielding. I read that the only difference between version 5 and 6 is that the latter has a imbedded serial number added. They didn't change version numbers for no reason at all.

tabman