Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OMG! what is this

rick5224

This is not a common site here in SC. I had planned to take the at-pro out but I'll just stay in it will be gone by sundown.

Nice white stuff !
We get that covering up here for 6 months:rofl:

Yeah, the last time we saw snow in N. Alabama was in 1989. I wasn't here then, but I can imagine how much of shock it was to the people around here. Where I came from (SE PA) it was a real common sight. I look at it this way, the more cold the less populated the bug colonies will be this summer.

The problem is not the snow. The problem is how deep the ground is froze. In some locations, metal detecting is impossible in the dirt, you can only snow hunt like some of the canadians do.

Bulletman

n/t

snow acts as insulation and areas that have snow early in the season generally do not have deep ground freeze. In areas where it got cold before the snow fell, then you get a deep ground freeze before it snowed and it will be longer in the spring before the ground thaws.

aint that the truth, if your a true diehard detectorist and got bare ground or a field to hunt, once in a while if i'm really desperate i'll use 20lb grill cylinder and a torch 500,000 btu's and will bake the ground, takes about 5 minutes per 6" of ground to dig

Well it is 5pm and most of the snow is gone the ground does not freeze here so we don't have to deal with that,I'll hit the parks tomorrow and see what I can find.I'm glad I don't live up north don't like the cold.

n/t

I get a laugh out of ya all about snow! its like a NYC hunter shooting a cow in country because he can't tell difference between a cow and a deer.And it happens every year!:rofl: