Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

On its way back to White's

walleyecrazy

Well I am currently detectorless. For some reason my Treasure Pro started acting up on my last hunt. It's was good up until that point so I'm not sure what happened. I think it may be software related. I took the TPro out to a local school for the second time. I hit this school about a week ago with the TPro and had decent luck with the clad count. I was hoping for the same on this go but ran into all kinds of issues. I started getting almost nonstop hits on the TPro that were all over the place. This is something I would expect in a extremely high trash park, but I have hit this school before and there is actually very little trash in the ground. Also the first time I hit this school with the TPro I had very little if any signals weren't pretty solid. I made sure to check the coil wire connection and the batteries were almost brand new. I also tried adjusting the sensitivity to every different setting with no luck. I also started having an issue where the detector would sound off on targets that were discriminated out. I tried different programs and no matter what I did it would still sound off on say an iron target when in coin and jewelry mode. I contacted Whites about it and they suggested that the best way to resolve this would be to get the detector in their hands. Now I'm just hoping for a quick turn around so I can still get some detecting in before the ground freezes for the year.

I ordered one a couple weeks ago to see if it would replace my back up to my back up.The id was all over the place .Some small brass items were reading as iron.And had to lower my sensitivty down to 2 to get it to run half way quiet.Sent it back.Keeping my back up to my back up.

There seems to be some issue with some of the White's Treasure Master Pro's that went out. White's is fixing them as soon as they are returned and getting them back out. Seems to be only a small number that are affected.

Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
“Experience the Thrill of Uncovering Lost Treasure!”
www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

casabisch said:
There seems to be some issue with some of the White's Treasure Master Pro's that went out. White's is fixing them as soon as they are returned and getting them back out. Seems to be only a small number that are affected.

Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
“Experience the Thrill of Uncovering Lost Treasure!”
www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

I wish White's would man up and disclose the mfg. dates of the machines susceptible to this problem. I want to purchase one but not until I know this has been corrected!
Shame on White's for letting their customers find out the hard way.

I got my detector back today. Unfortunately I was working all day and will be the next two days as well so I won't be able to test it out until Saturday. The only thing I found weird was that I got no communication from Whites as to what if anything they did to my detector. Is this normal for their repair service? This is my first time sending a detector back so I had no clue what to expect.

Had something like that happen with my MX5. Loose battery or battery terminal. White!s took care of it and no problem since. You should see something on the slip that descibes what was serviced.

greetings to all
I also look better information about issues from the PRO, before I buy because too many problems back home whit's news aspect of improvement on the master pro, I hope soon to prove it
bye to Algerio

flbeachhunter said:
Did you get a chance to try your Detector yet? I would really like an update on the results if possible.

Thanks

Sorry for the late response. I took it out a few times after being fixed and still found myself having the same issues. I don't know if it was something I was doing wrong or if it is just how these detectors are but I decided it was time for the TPro and I to part ways.

I've been using the Treasure pro for a while now, and it's been a good unit for me. I just posted a new video on my Youtube channel with it. I ended up finding three silvers with it in a very trashy park. I've found that you just have to work it at a modest pace for the best results. Two second sweep speed seems to be good, and if you get into multiple targets, just slow it a bit more. I have tested a lot of machines, and In feel that the Tpro is a very good value for it's price point. IMHO :) One tip for any newer user I would give, would be to use the trac lock feature before setting the machine on the ground. If the machine is tracking while in the air, your GB could be off when you resume detecting. It should correct itself shortly, but this could possibly cause some issues with strange signals etc. I usually lock the tracking if I discover a patch of ground that has a lot of trash, and unlock again on cleaner turf.

Hi Gene. I too like to lock the tracking on the T Pro and my V3i. My ground does not vary much and the detectors seem to be much more stable and I agree with you on the price vs. value ratio on the T Pro, a great detector for the money. I love the display as well, I don't need my glasses to read it. :geek:

I watched the Carolina Coin Hunter videos on the TPro and would like to thank you for a job well done. I will probably buy one shortly. With my bad back I am especially attracted by the light weight. The depth capabilities seem to be excellent for that price point detector also.

Thank you for the kind words, and good luck with your new machine :)