Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One month of Chesapeake Bay Gold

OldBeechnut

Been a really good month since the ice started melting around March the 8th. All came from the Chesapeake Bay in maybe 15 hunts, most from the same location...All because the help of a drysuit and dry gloves I'm able to get into the deep cold waters. 13 Gold rings, 2 Grills, 1 Gold ER Last two trips have been bleak so it looks like the spring winds have filled in the Honey Hole fairly bad....time to start scouting for another...

Incredible haul there Joe...are you using a 10" coil?

Dang OBN, your tearing it up :cheers: Way to go

The little 800 coil is the hottest, with only 3 Golds been found with the 10 inch. I went yesterday and felt the lack of targets and should have taken the PI or the 10 inch...conditions have really took a turn for the worse so I am really thinking a PI ....... just dig all and hope because I know there is more in the one area....just to deep...

this one takes me awhile to get, I could have swore it was a sinker..5 minutes on a target is way to long but it is the biggest of the bunch..13.3 grams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH1TxIm8s0k

And this is hunting in PP, checking target with toggle to discriminate..and the reason the audio is so loud, the Skullies II's...faints really come up good, and shallows blast..

Holy bleep lookat that one wide band!:drool: Looks like some sort of bushing off a driveshaft! Very nice performance!:clapping:
Mud

Holy smokes mr joe,,your really cleaning up...but im not too surprised as your planning and strategies are probably the best in this type of hunting... that was 5 minutes well spent..congrats...

Congrats on all that gold Joe. Hope you just keep digging it, but just leave me at least one small piece of gold to dig this summer. LOL I'm laid up for the next few weeks, but when I get back in shape the pirate ship will be ready to sail!!!!! Congrats again on your finds. BANDJOE!!!!!

Thanks everyone, I think the joy ride is over but I will be scouting for another honey hole this weekend then off to Connecticut to hunt up there for almost a week. I really learn a lot by watching other experienced hunters on these trips, different place really awakens one to the conditions that can be.

Joe in Maryland said:
Congrats on all that gold Joe. Hope you just keep digging it, but just leave me at least one small piece of gold to dig this summer. LOL I'm laid up for the next few weeks, but when I get back in shape the pirate ship will be ready to sail!!!!! Congrats again on your finds. BANDJOE!!!!!
Joe I'm a waiting....more gold then one man can find in the Bay, it just needs a little uncovering...

Be Safe All...Joe

I hope you have a small coil for that PI Joe. You know hunting in PP what you passed up and left that youd have to dig..... plus the stuff no one got to. Eat your Cheerios before you go.

Joe is right about his Skullies II, they are the loudest phones ive ever had on my ears.... that includes the Black Widows. Headphones on steriods. In trash or minerals with the sensitivity cranked the little 8 is a very good choice...... especially with those headphones. The 10 you tend to get more distracting sound from the water/minerals. The 8 even cranked you dont get that so when you go over weak signals they catch your attention. Im not sure id use the Skullies to hunt in disc........ if you go over a target .... especially a surface target baby you know it and some of those make you want to take the phones off. In PP since it sizes the target better creating a modulated signal you get a little warning. I went over a surface bobbie pin yesterday in PP which normally is a weak signal...... not with the skullies. Best pair of phones ive ever used on the Xcal for PP hunting. The tubes really narrow and direct the sound........ and the better muffs keeps external distractions out very well.

That 8 does change the balance of your machine. I had Joe change out a 10 and put an 8 on one of my machines.....then put it on the same stick id used for the 10. It threw the ballance off and i found with the CF and more weight from the pods it took some getting used to...... it wanted to float in shallow water with the current and my normal swing.

Your in the money Joe..... looks like a good bit of those are melters.

Dew