Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One Nice Dig Today

AgIA

Got out today with the recent warming and tried my luck. Found six wheats and a Colorado 1/5th cent tax token. Got these four coins in the same hole. The 1924 Canadian nickel was nulling so it was a strange signal bouncing all over the place but sounded pretty good. 1916-S, 1917-D and 1923 for the Mercs. I almost choked when I saw the mintmark on the 1916 before I saw it was an S. I've never had an old nickel that looked this good out of the ground. This one made the whole hunt! HH while it lasts!

Nice finds AG! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

I found an old canandian nickel awhile back and it to gave a very odd signal, I believe they are 99% nickel, so surprising they give any decent signal at all! And mine came out of the ground looking awesome too, must be that nickel really holds up good in the dirt, congrats on the silver!

I need to go back and check again, but I think I found the nickel only because it was with the silver. When I checked it in the dirt pile, it was nulling so it must fall in my discrimination (essentially the coin program). I didn't realize the canadian nickels had no copper in them - that's exactly why there's no corrosion. I was also looking around a bit and saw that the nickel might actually be worth more than the dimes!