Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One of the biggest aggrevations I have with the SE

DukeOBass

is the difficulty reading the screen. Did they improvement the sharpness and get rid of the glare issues on the screen for the E-Trac?

Thanks!

I think they have helped the glare issue a LITTLE----but NO, they sure haven't solved that problem.

n/t

I am to but it sure would be nice to see the face plate better when you want to check the depth guage, sensitivity guage AND the cursor & #'s.

n/t

But if you are in bright sunlight at times you will get the glare. The numbers are LARGE Finally !! a lot of us wear reading glasses at our age, I wonder why it took so long to change that.

then the E-Trac is easier to see. Now let me add that I am primarily a Beach Hunter so I am always wearing polarized Sunglasses. With the Explorer the screen turns black and you can not read anything when you wear polarized sunglasses which is probably the main reason I learned to hunt by sound rather than the display since I could never see it. The new LCD on the E-Trac works fine with polarized sunglasses...no problem seeing the display at all...also the sun glare from the outer protective screen is not an issue when wearing polarized sunglasses. I didn't even realize there was any kind of glare on the screen until I took my sunglasses off so that I could take a pix of the screen and that is when I saw some glare. Also you could hunt at night and use the backlight ;)

HH

Beachcomber

on the explorer I had trouble seeing it, but could usually see here the cross hairs were, on the etrac I can see that also and the digital numbers are readable usually, and you can switch to digital easy enough and get even biggere numbers.. the settings are tougher to see... as they were on the SE, in most light anyway..
The only worse thing is that I actually have to look at the screen much more than I did with the SE

Guys-----The following has been my experience with the face plate glare on the Explorers (XS-EX 2-SE & now the E Trac).---Maybe this info will help somebody, I hope so.--The 3 Explorers seemed to me about the same glare level--the E Trac is some better--although not perfect by a long shot.---I wear glasses and I had tried different things attempting to help the glare.--When I used glasses without photo gray, it was horrible (in these certain light conditions we are talking about).--When I used polarized glasses on regular glasses, it made the screen WAY to dark for me to see.--When I put polarized sun glasses over photo gray glasses-it helped some (although still dark) and out of the various things I had tried, that was my best "solution" (with the Explorers).---I have done the same tests with the E Trac and for me, the best solution (BY FAR) is my photo gray regular glasses by themselves.--I can see the face plate sufficiently in most all light conditions (though still not perfect).----Maybe some of this is due to my tired old eyes--and it might not work for everybody--but it's worth a shot.---I know part of the problem I have had with it (glare) is the fact that I have ALWAYS used a face plate cover--but I want to take care of those expensive units.--I put a real nice "signature" on the faceplate of a DFX once with my knife (that didn't have a cover).---There has been times that I've gotten so frustrated (with glare) on the Explorers that I just took the cover off and put it in my pocket--not to say that solved the problem.---I just know I have never had a glare problem with any of my other detectors and I have used covers on them.-------Any other ideas on this?????-------------Del

having to maneuver around the target to get the glare of the screen so you can see where it's falling. It would be so bad if you could depend completely on the sound of the SE but you can't because of the high pitched falsing sometimes caused by iron.

Del, what about trying some of this stick on anti-glare plastic sheet , like the kids use on there books, stick it directly onto the screen, Might work. Bob

Bob---That's one thing I haven't tried-it might work.---Put it over the face plate and not use a control box cover.---The sheet itself might serve two purposes-help with the glare & protect the face plate itself (to a certain degree).---I tried an XLT screen cover on my Sunray control box cover's window but that didn't solve it.--I probably should have put it directly on the detector screen, that might of worked (or helped) more.----I may give it a try, what you suggested.-------Thanks, Del