Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

one thing I dont care for.

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
C

calabash digger

Well ive tested the Nox some and its impressive. One thing I don't like though... I went to a old building site that has modern trashed mixed with it. It separated well and ran smooth. The thing I don't like is the audio modulation a flattened can on the surface sounded the same as a dime in 50 tones. The deus is different in that aspect. You can tell target size from audio alone very easy. It will not matter to me on old sites free of modern trash as if it beeps I will dig it, Its just something I saw today and thought hmmmm...

I will be coming from the Deus as well, can't wait to see how the Eqiunox works in our parks. I have a good feeling though and am 100% sure there's at least hundreds more deep coins that are *just* out of reach...this year could be the year to yield a gold coin! :happy:

Such videos are of immense service to the detecting community and your sharing them goes to show how dedicated you are to helping others in this hobby.

Again, many thanks.

calabash digger said:
Well ive tested the Nox some and its impressive. One thing I don't like though... I went to a old building site that has modern trashed mixed with it. It separated well and ran smooth. The thing I don't like is the audio modulation a flattened can on the surface sounded the same as a dime in 50 tones. The deus is different in that aspect. You can tell target size from audio alone very easy. It will not matter to me on old sites free of modern trash as if it beeps I will dig it, Its just something I saw today and thought hmmmm...

Is the audio modulation any better in 1, 2 or 5 tones? How about in different detect modes or frequencies?

I found the same thing...I thought it was me...coming from the T2 I relied on 2+ tones to give me size,shape, and depth. The pin pointer seems to show the size.

CZconnoisseur said:
I will be coming from the Deus as well, can't wait to see how the Eqiunox works in our parks. I have a good feeling though and am 100% sure there's at least hundreds more deep coins that are *just* out of reach...this year could be the year to yield a gold coin! :happy:

CZ,

What makes you think that the NOX will be significantly deeper than your beloved Deus that you know so well? Or is just the allure of a new toy?

I really like this machine. But it lacks some very obvious features.. it makes me wonder what Minelab was thinking.

No overload (and Lord knows I dont want no overload alarm.. think deus), no basic pinpoint (all metal with/without re-tune(either would have been nice)) with vdi, cheap cam locks on a 800$ machine, the deteknix quest 40 having a nicer shaft at half the cost... poor, non adjustable modulation.. and to boot it is buggy.. I've notice several times after leaving pinpoint the machine shows no vdi until I return to pinpoint and come back out again.. This is something that could not have been missed during testing and I've read others seeing this issue.

After 10 hours of hunting with this machine I can say I think it has amazing potential, and has pulled some coins from hard hit places that my other machines missed for certain. But it is not the end all machine. My opinion may change in the next couple hundred hours but as it stands, this thing need an update..

I found the arm rest to be uncomfortable after a couple of hours.
Now it's fixed up with a comfy Neoprene sleeve.

parkgt said:

CZ,

What makes you think that the NOX will be significantly deeper than your beloved Deus that you know so well? Or is just the allure of a new toy?

The thing is deep and hits hard. My deus in my test garden will hit a dime at 9" just fine.. but your swing had better be on point to match the reactivity. If you swing slower than your reactivity is set to, no dime, same if you swing to fast.. so far with the nox it pounds the dime and I can slow down and speed up and it still hits it with a recovery of 5, very cleanly. Personally the deus cannot compete IMO with this machine in depth. ID's perfectly a dime at 9" (locks on) and a nickle at 8" and hits them hard swinging fast or slow. I did a walk up to the dime with the deus and missed it multiple times because I wasnt overlapping well enough and my reactivity was to low.. with the nox I can set its recovery (not the same thing as the deus's reactivity) from 1-6 and not miss the dime at all.. mind you I have forgotten both times where the dime was when testing the deus months ago and had to look for it .. with the nox it was unmistakable.

Are my conclusions definitive.. nope ..I cant speak for parkgt.. but it was good enough for me.

tbw said:
Meggie, what sleeve did you use?

It's from the Sovereign series, available on eBay.. look for Minelab Arm Wear Kit.

Popsgoatee said:
Nice, homemade or aftermarket?

It's from the Sovereign series, available on eBay.. look for Minelab Arm Wear Kit.

One of the first things i posted somewhere else was it will not overload like other machines on a large surface can or near surface can. But i get around it with pinpoint.

didn't get to test it today I'm in the low country and time is a factor was on a lot where some vmi buttons came from but had modern buildings on it and were torn down .A HORRIBLE SITE.....lol
pine3874 said:

Is the audio modulation any better in 1, 2 or 5 tones? How about in different detect modes or frequencies?

Gets my vote also. I got all my basic knowledge from Gary's videos, but I got my PhD from your videos. Thanks for all the work.

I have to agree the tones haven't impressed me either. It's especially annoying when you are in slow recovery setting and the tones get even longer and smoother which makes it more difficult to distinguish from a large target like a can or a coin. Would be great if they just took the settings for normal, smooth long blah blah from the etrac and used those. Either that or make the tones all the same length in all recovery speeds so we can at least use the audio info for target id.

minelab tones were never going to work so well with a faster machine, so some time/learning to get used what its saying.

parkgt said:

CZ,

I think it has a good chance of finding deeper coins but I won't know for sure until it get one and try it out. Call it a gut feeling...

I also had a feeling about digging for crystals in a particular area not far from here - same kind of feeling - although I didn't use a machine to find the crystal pocket....

Gotta go with the gut on this one!

It's funny that people think this magic detector will out hunt the E-Trac or CTX. Lol. Any time a new detector comes out people think it's the new best thing.