Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

one thing I dont care for.

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
just keep in mind there was time when the CTX and ETRAC were new too.... I don't know about ID and such compared to those but there are targets that the NOX can see that the ETRAC AND CTX cant. So I guess it depends on what you exactly mean when you say out hunt??? coin, gold ,relic , etc?

calabash digger said:
just keep in mind there was time when the CTX and ETRAC were new too.... I don't know about ID and such compared to those but there are targets that the NOX can see that the ETRAC AND CTX cant. So I guess it depends on what you exactly mean when you say out hunt??? coin, gold ,relic , etc?
Brother
Amen to that !!:please:

Dailydigger said:
It's funny that people think this magic detector will out hunt the E-Trac or CTX. Lol. Any time a new detector comes out people think it's the new best thing.

I am the biggest E-Trac/CTX fan out there... I have ran both extensively as an old coin turf hunter..
It is way to early to be making judgments about the Equinox, but after just 6 hours on my new 800,
If I were forced today to just keep just one detector, I would no doubt keep the Equinox...
I’m not saying I love everything about it, but so far it appeared to “Out hunt” my E-Trac on a pounded site..

My next 50 hours on the Equinox might tell me something different but to be honest I was a bit surprised at its performance..

Bryan

Bryan V said:
It's funny that people think this magic detector will out hunt the E-Trac or CTX. Lol. Any time a new detector comes out people think it's the new best thing.

I am the biggest E-Trac/CTX fan out there... I have ran both extensively as an old coin turf hunter..
It is way to early to be making judgments about the Equinox, but after just 6 hours on my new 800,
If I were forced today to just keep just one detector, I would no doubt keep the Equinox...
I’m not saying I love everything about it, but so far it appeared to “Out hunt” my E-Trac on a pounded site..

My next 50 hours on the Equinox might tell me something different but to be honest I was a bit surprised at its performance..

Bryan

Ditto...

For me it's not that it has to out perform the etrac/ctx on deep coins. I just want it to be about as good on deep coins and I know it will out perform etrac/ctx on beach, high trash, prospecting, underwater, weight, price.......

Cutaplug said:
Ditto...

For me it's not that it has to out perform the etrac/ctx on deep coins. I just want it to be about as good on deep coins and I know it will out perform etrac/ctx on beach, high trash, prospecting, underwater, weight, price.......

Another thing to think about is this: If it just performs almost as good as my E-trac, I'd take detecting if for nothing else than the lesser weight and
better screen.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Ditto...

Another thing to think about is this: If it just performs almost as good as my E-trac, I'd take detecting if for nothing else than the lesser weight and
better screen.
Hit the nail on the head.
BTW if you dont need the $600 extra the E-Trac costs send it to me.
The EQ for its price needs only to be about as good. If it does better at a few things thats all profit. Its a mid price detector.

HH Tom
LFOD !

meggie said:
I found the arm rest to be uncomfortable after a couple of hours.
Now it's fixed up with a comfy Neoprene sleeve.

Mine too, oh wait that's just wrong! :lol:

d1.jpg

Dailydigger said:

The Equinox is not the equal of the Etrac/CTX in many situations. Separate FE/CO numbers and more accurate depth make sure of that. But, in some trashy environments, the Equinox seems able to find things they can't, because of its faster hardware and better separation. I've experienced this with my 600. Of course, that probably is also true of the Impact, another modern, mid-priced machine. I expect Minelab is working on the CTX4040, which will provide the best of both worlds--at a hefty price.

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
I found the arm rest to be uncomfortable after a couple of hours.
Now it's fixed up with a comfy Neoprene sleeve.

Mine too, oh wait that's just wrong! :lol:

http://www.coolidgeamps.com/pics/d1.jpg
Nice I own a Deus and plan on getting an Equinox to but watch Calabash diggers videos on both machines he knows his machines..

IQ-2018 said:
people see what they want to see in regards to everything...

So true I'm waiting a few more months or so before I consider one or ill simply wait for the CTX 4040 or whatever Minelab come up with next.

The modulation is not a big deal for hunting relics. The more I use it , the MORE I like it......This is a great performing machine...