Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Only one coin find...

I got out for a couple hours Saturday. It was 32 deg. with quite a wind. I got in an old farm house yard, but it had been hunted very well in the past. I only found a cow tag (#15) and a tiny cast funnel thing. I got to talking with the farmer, and he said I should hunt a spot in his field where there was an old house. Well I took a pass and found this 1868 two cent piece. Not too bad of condition for a field find. Turned around and realized I was probably hunting where the old barn was, by the description the farmer gave. So I headed up to where the house was. It was a total trash pit! Dang. I stayed until the wind chill hit my bones. Did not dig another coin. It was fun to get out.
Take care and HH - BF

Hope you are going back ... nice find !!!

Leave the quanity for the clad in local parks as when I venture out with an Explorer am after quality and can count the number of 2 cent pieces I found over the years on one hand so nice day out comes to mind..Braved the cold and high winds on a pounded area on Sat. and ended up with one lone 43 Merc. and that was good enough for me...

Awesome find BF, it was cold and windy in my neck of the woods here in Ohio on saturday as well, how close are you to ohio,
sounds like the same kinda weather, any how that coin is still on my wish list, congrats :beers:
cant wait to see what you pull out of there on your next hunt good luck!!!:thumbup:

David

Nice coin BF!! None of those around my woods!! Congrats!!

Very nice....that is definitely on my wanted list! Just my two cents.....:lmfao:

Hi Tim, Hey I was right on the Indiana/Michigan line too south of Buchanan. Sort of getting close to your territory haha. I met up with Neal to do a trade and say bye before he moves to KY, he could not hunt though. Darn I am going to miss him.
Thanks and HH - BF

Yea, not getting skunked is nice too. Always happy to see the old two center!
HH and thanks - BF

Hi David, I am in South West Lower MI, so I figure we get very similar weather to you in OH. I am only about thirty five miles from the Indiana line.
Thanks and HH - BF

n/t

n/t

60 deg. here in Grand Rapids, MI today. Wish I didn't have to do this job thing.....:rolleyes: