Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Only one hunt last week a few nice finds

diggervance

1898 IH
20 and 29 wheat penny
a boy scout pin pat date 1911
and a 1936 to 38 promotion ring
SUNDRIGHT JUNIOR NURSE CORP

a lrg brouch made of a soft metal puter I'm guessing

ALSO A FLAT BUTTON NO MAKERS MARK
I am not up to date on flat buttons so if someone can give me any information I would be thankful.

The Sunbrite Junior Nurse Corps was a movement sponsored by Sunbrite Cleanser and promoted through the radio program Sunbrite Junior Nurse Corps. First launched in February 1936 it ran 3x a week for over 2 years, generally around 5pm - for 15 minutes. The host of the program was the "National President" of the Sunbrite Junior Nurse Corps Dorothy Hart, played by the young actress Lucy Gilman. Helena Ray played her trusty Aunt Jane.

Prior to the launch of the program and during its run, mothers were assured that the programming was safe, suitable and beneficial for its audience. Famed child guidance leader Angelo Patri supervised each script. Florence Nightingale, Clara Barton and "Sa-ca-ja-wea, Indian Princess" were part of the programing.

After pledging themselves to the aims of the Sunbrite Junior Nurse Corps, girls could save Sunbrite (and later Quick Arrow Soap Flake) labels and "buy" the official Sunbrite Junior Nurse Corps uniform that National President Dorothy Hart always appeared in, and other items such as the official ring, toothbrush, hairbrush, first aid kit and more.

Girls were encouraged to learn First Aid, form groups of Junior Nurse Corps - and encourage their moms to buy Sunbrite Cleanser.

Thanks for looking
DV

Nice finds DV. Very interesting ring and the history behind it. That's a nice early button and looks like a Tombac.

Thanks cz,
I'm not sure what a Tombac button is.

diggervance said:
Thanks cz,
I'm not sure what a Tombac button is.

It's a type of metal designed by the French I believe, which was brass, copper and zinc and the buttons were used in the 1700's and early 1800's. The metal holds up surprisingly well and often comes out of the ground clean as a whistle. We find them in colonial sites. Not sure where you were hunting but that site has some age and I would hunt it hard and dig it all.

Thats great info as well as advise thanks!

DV

diggervance said:
Thats great info as well as advise thanks!

DV

I get excited any time I see a flat button pop up. Good chance for some pre-1840 finds.

That ring is cool DV! I can tell you like to research the history behind a find like that.
Those are the fun ones to find.
A pre-1900 Indian makes anyone's day also.

Hey Explorer se,
Thanks!
Boy you are testing this old boys memory if I remember right I have found 2 I.H. pennies there and neither was very deep the 1908 at 5 to 6 inches and this one at about 4.
D.V.