Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Only one hunt left now...

srf2112

..after doing everything I can to avoid selling the one thing I DIDN'T want to part with to pay rent, that decision was made for (taken from ?) me yesterday, 12/24. Someone broke the window in my borrowed car (truck quit working) and stole all my hard won gear. I have no options to replace it. We were already forced into a gift-less holiday to try and keep a roof over our heads. I have only one hunt left now and that's to find the person(s) responsible and exact some justice. If I can somehow retrieve my gear I will be back in business. If I can't then I'm afraid that's all...

Scott, So so sorry . You gotta file a police report. Also, go to the local pawn shops and pass on the descrpition / serial #'s etc... Also alert the local White's dealer just in case. Good luck. Keep us posted. CCH

We are so sorry Scott. Keep an eye on Craigslist too and any other place you can think of to fence stolen property. Chances are they didn't steal it to go detecting. Notify SunRay as well for the DX-1.

Oh Scott---I am SO SORRY to hear that my friend.-----Theft is such a dirty, rotten thing.---Glad you didn't get hurt with their assinine trick they pulled though.---Even though it's a borrowed car, could you file a claim through the insurance company?---------Del

Sorry to hear about the bad luck . I hope someway some how you are able to find your stuff . I had my house broke into several years ago and I know how violated it makes you feel . My prayers are with you .

Harold

Sorry to about your misfortune so close to Christmas.
Hope you find the culprits !!

I hate thieves and think any punishment they get is not strong enough. I hope the worst befalls the thieves and I hope by some miracle that you are able to recover your equipment Scott. I am sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Hey srf2112, I too am sorry to hear of your misfortune. Theivery (sp) is one of my pet peaves. I too like Bearharold, had my home broken in to and lost my wifes class ring and over $100. in silver coins. It really made me mad to have someone break into my on domain. Sorry to hear about you especially here at Christmas time with money short for so many folks. I pray that things get better for you and your family. GB floridason :(

Thank you all for the sentiments. I have gone all the "regular" routes so far with no luck. It's time to kick it into hunter/killer mode and use the hunting skills I've been developing to hunt these "targets" down. It's a small town and with a little luck I may be able to locate them. If I do they won't know what hit em...I know it's just metal detecting gear and not very important in the big pic but it's the one thing that keeps me tethered to sanity in these insane times. I feel lost without it...you can probably all understand. This has been one of the best years of my life and if someone has taken it upon themselves to end it...well...there's gonna be a high price to pay for that if I catch up to them. Thanks again everyone for the friendship and support this last year. Take care...

Dang... I feel for you Scott. We work HARD for what we've got and to have someone think they can just take it... Well that's just not right.
I hope you can catch the culprits and teach them right from wrong..

Good luck on the New Hunt...

[attachment 183110 Leg.jpg]

You might try this. Post a Wanted ad on Criags List looking for a metal detector. Don't mention that yours was taken or any specific model or make. If and when you get phone calls or emails discard any that arn;t your make and model. And look real hard at the ones that pop up that match your make and model. Then if yours does comes up ram your digger up their (BLEEP.) I hate thieves. I had all the hand and power hand tools stolen in my cabinet shop many years ago. Thanks to our government not guarding our borders. Not that it was ever proven but it was a labor contractor using illegals to tear the businesses apart on the street my shop was on. 34 commercial burgularies in 2 monhts on a 3 block long street. That was even before my shop was hit and it was hit twice. I feel for you man. I feel your pain.

The guy tried to squeeze in through the door but General had a leg up on him..........:rofl:

Scott, I'm so sorry for your misfortune. I hope somehow your MDing equipment gets found and returned to you. My family got news on Christmas day that my brothers place got broken into and his rent money and his Christmas gifts were stolen. He was bumming so bad that he didn't come to the family gathering. I think that due to the unemployment rate that thievery is on the rise and our local police dept. are overwhelmed. I agree with the previous posts about checking out pawn shops and any MD shops and Craig's list and maybe if your vehicle was near any stores that maybe have outside surveillance cameras.It's a small town you said so get the word out. I once had a very pricey camera stolen out of my house and I got the word out of what was going to happen when I caught the individual that stole it. I had a rough idea who did it but couldn't prove it and the local PD was of no help so I had a chat with this individuals friends. Within 2 weeks the camera was in a bag on my front steps with nothing missing. It probably didn't hurt that my older big burly brother was a biker with a reputation. Nothing worse than having something that you've worked so hard for taken from you.... Jack

......the burglar didn't have a leg to stand on.............:rofl:

Scott,

Any news ? Any updates ?

CCH

Yes EJ. I went searching all over the areas adjacent to where the gear was stolen but no luck. Crawled through bushes, checked dumpsters etc and all I have to show for it is a bad case of poison oak. I did recieve some generous offers to help with the broken window and the car was repaired yesterday. The most positive development happened when Chris Turner at the Ring Finders contacted me. He was notified by one of the local members about my situation and has taken it upon himself to help get my critical gear replaced. I am speechless at this act of compassion. I will update when there are any more developments. I appreciate the concern..

srf2112 said:
..after doing everything I can to avoid selling the one thing I DIDN'T want to part with to pay rent, that decision was made for (taken from ?) me yesterday, 12/24. Someone broke the window in my borrowed car (truck quit working) and stole all my hard won gear. I have no options to replace it. We were already forced into a gift-less holiday to try and keep a roof over our heads. I have only one hunt left now and that's to find the person(s) responsible and exact some justice. If I can somehow retrieve my gear I will be back in business. If I can't then I'm afraid that's all...

Hey Mate,

That detector and the contents that were stolen are usually covered by either the home owners insurance or car insurance. Check it out! If you have the policies you may be able to tap them for the replacement value of the items. We call a seven times return for you and your family for the loss you sustained. Marty