Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

opinions on 4.5 x 7 dd excelerator coil on explorer se pro

Hi Chipper........I have used the 4.5x7 coil for a good while, it works great in ground that is saturated with nails and other trash...My first experience with it was at an old fairground that I hunted with my SE Pro with the stock coil.. After a lot of nulling and digging a lot of nails with my finds I decided to purchase the 4.5 x 7 coil... I read Bryce Browns review on the coil and decided to purchase one, that was a good move and a great addition to my coil inventory.. The little coil found a lot of silver for me in areas I had checkered with the larger coil.. It has great depth for it's size if you set it up properly and good seperation.. I also use the 6 inch accelerator coil, but my favorite is the 4.5 x 7... I hope this helps you some.

John in Va.....

Thanks John, that helps a lot. There are so many coils to choose from for the Explorer it's hard to know which way to go. It sounds like the 4.5 x 7 has been good to you. I have the 6 x 8 sef, the stock coil and the 10 x 12 sef. I'm thinking it's time to add a small coil to the arsenal. I'm leaning towards the 4.5 x 7. I've looked at Bryce's coil reviews but was still undecided. I read some positive stuff on the 4.5 x 7 on the Dankowski forum by Keith Southern as well. So that'll probably be the one.