Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Option Two?

RLOH

Does anyone plan on buying the EQ 600? I do not plan on doing any nugget detecting and already have wireless headphones that work extremely well for me. I guess we won't know if there are any dramatic performance differences until we start seeing field tests. If they were available today, I would be "dead in the water" with 40 inches of snow along with 0 temps. Sure makes for a long winter and then waiting to use a new toy.

I'm not going to nugget hunt but wondering if the 2 higher frequencies would be of help looking for gold on the beach. I realize that when you GB in wet sand it wipes out lots of smaller gold. Wonder if they would help in this case. If its like the Safari in that less software will make it have an advantage in depth and modulated sound.

I am also going for the 800 in hopes of better gold jewelry detection, especially in the FW beaches where I can hunt HF dry, wet, and in the water.

Clad2Hunt said:
I'm not going to nugget hunt but wondering if the 2 higher frequencies would be of help looking for gold on the beach. I realize that when you GB in wet sand it wipes out lots of smaller gold. Wonder if they would help in this case. If its like the Safari in that less software will make it have an advantage in depth and modulated sound.

Same same - I troll the beaches almost every weekend - gotta know if the machine will find the gold chains. It stands to reason "IF" the EQ is like other gold machines it should find small ear ring backs so finding chains is a "no brainer"............

It should be a freshwater hunter’s tool for everything including tiny gold, where the HF singlefreak capability will be very useful.

Salt water is another storyline however. Multifreq Detectors are not especially good at finding tiny and 10ct gold in salt. Unlike single freq vlf IB detectors they have good depth in salt, but in common. With singlefreakers, the need to remove the salt signal removes the signal of most small low conductors. So the EQ is unlikely to be a breakthrough in salt for tiny gold.

being we don't know for sure what the real difference will be it is a tough call, but if you remember correctly when the Explorer XS came out they made a Explorer S also with less options for less for those that didn't want to spend as much and try to do the same job as they didn't think they needed all the options. Now those that wanted to sell them found out these were hard to sell and took a bigger lost when they sold.
I probably wont need all the difference in the 800 over the 600, but for the difference I ordered the 800 as I know most that want to buy used want the one with the most options and pay a little more to offset the difference.
I know I shouldn't be thinking on selling when I don't even have one yet, but at 70 years old with 2 heart attacks, triple bypass and had both knees replaced last year and going completely deaf I may have to give up on this hobby, but until then I plan on keep plugging away and want to take a detector with me when I go and hope I don't need one for extreme heat.

Rick

But.....if using the higher frequency for gold on a salt beach ,....it would be in single frequency mode , and dont higher frequencies have more trouble from salt ?? In multi frequency mode , both the 600 and 800 use the higher gold frequencies and it seems like thats where both would be more stable in salt with the ground cancelling abilities of multi , meaning possibly no real advantage unless on a freshwater beach. I could be wrong , but thats just how I understand it.

ohiochris said:
But.....if using the higher frequency for gold on a salt beach ,....it would be in single frequency mode , and dont higher frequencies have more trouble from salt ?? In multi frequency mode , both the 600 and 800 use the higher gold frequencies and it seems like thats where both would be more stable in salt with the ground cancelling abilities of multi , meaning possibly no real advantage unless on a freshwater beach. I could be wrong , but thats just how I understand it.

The HF settings are NOT designed for the beach. They were created for a prospecting mode. The only option in the BEACH mode is the mulit-freq, but we don't know what freqs make up those used. ML did say that the mult-freqs were tailored to each mode.

Jason in Enid said:
I am also going for the 800 in hopes of better gold jewelry detection, especially in the FW beaches where I can hunt HF dry, wet, and in the water.

FYI when I tested the proto model I tested fine gold chain and found the 40 khz was able to see it buried couple inches but the 20 khz didn't see it, test was done in my test garden not at the beach..

Its a machine that may do something other multi freqs cant...... find micro gold in the dry sand. Thats 50% percent or more of a beach. It seems to get great depth in the wet sand on gold rings..... we have yet to see...but it seems to do as well. Can some of the good beach hunters pull more...lets see.

robinb said:
I have been told, not sure if its true but in beach mode you cant select single frequency 40khz.

I have read that somewhere from Minelab also. The Beach mode only gives you the multi-freq option.

The owners manual I looked at this morning for the 800 says that in the 4 modes you have 2 options within to set user preferences for that mode when you are comfortable with the MD but doesn't state what you can or cant use.

According to the manual i read......beach mode is just multi freq. Obviously because there are other options like relic ect which you can play with in single freq. Rich...... im not sure since we dont know what freqs the EQ uses in beach mode.......just that its different than the FBS. We dont even know if using multi freq in other modes are different or the same. Im hoping they used different freqs for each mode based on the testers. I was told 20khz works somewhat near the water..... but not 40. 20 should give us the same as the Deus.

Once a full listing of features and functionality are made available for each model, I'd be willing to bet you'll find many more "useful" options on the 800 than what has been discussed so far. JMHO HH Randy

There is no option 2 !