Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

optional coils?

Hi you all,
I just purchased an e-trac (still has not arrived yet) and I am seeing posts regarding optional coils other than the 8" or the 11" DD coil that comes stock with the unit. I am trying to find more info on other coils out there for e-trac. Any suggetions were I can find this info?

Thanks!
Swayne

Hey Swayne, I am brand new myself. Just got my etrac 2 days ago. have not left the yard with it yet. I bought 2 coils and have a 3rd on the way. That was kind of an accident, but from one new guy to another and my 2 days worth of advice is the smaller coils work really good for places that there is a lot of junk burried in the ground.

I had no idea that my yard had that much crap buried under it. I bought the 6" eq2 thinking I was buying the 6x8 SEF. I ordered the 6x8 SEF Butteryfly tonight, thats the one that I thought I had ordered in the beginning. I also bought the 18" SEF monster, its no where as heavy as what I expected it would be. I just used it for half a day in the yard but it was hard for me to single things out. So I put on the 6" eq2 and it has been much easier to dig. I have dug up bullets, aluminum and a big rusty nail but I can really understand why the guys told me to get the smaller coil vs the bigger one now. That big nail must of been 9" down in the ground and the 6" eq2 picked it up loud.

I mean it was just a dumb nail, but the depth is what impressed me. I did not think that a coil that small would go that deep.

When I posted a few days ago about coil advice, I found out that the 6x8" SEF was a great choice. Here is the link to that thread http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,980077

So I hope my new guy to new guy advice helps :)

Swayne, look into Andys book first. A small coil like posted above 6" E2 is a good second coil "i use it". Other than that the stock coil is hard to beat. Unless maybe beach hunting or covering a large field with little trash.

The 15" WOT is a killer coil on the beach. It's amazingly stable and not as heavy as you might think.

swaynewalther said:
Thanks!
I was just thinking of ordering Andy's book today. I assume it is good to have, eh?

THE book to have. I would recomend over a coil tbh.