Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Orange Buffalos

Ted S

Temp was in the low 60s yesterday with a pretty good wind out of the north. I grabbed the 600 and some Gatorade and headed to a bean field. Rats! The farmer was still combing beans but was almost done. Plan B was the school yard. I managed a couple of green wheats and a few clad there. I went back to the bean field and the farmer was unloading into a wagon. I tossed him a bottle of Gatorade and he smiled and waved me on to hunt. It's little things like that people remember you for and it does open other doors! I ended up getting 3 orange buffalo nickles but I can't read the dates on them. I still consider it a good hunt! HH! Ted

Cool hunt those buffalo's are almost always orange here in Ct to!

Yep,coin condition is almost always a product of its environment. Fertilizer is said to be a big contributor to corrosion,while a soft loamy soil which provides drainage tends to produce copper that’s not so “weird” and silver that isn’t stained or tarnished. I’ve dug several orange/red buffalos and they were all in soil which contained a fair amount of sand.
It looks like you’ll get on with that EQ better than the Explorer Ted,the Explorer is not an easy machine to learn,regardless of what some say. It takes ALOT of time.
Congrats on some nice finds!

Thanks Mike and Kevin! The fertilizer does do some damage! I am hitting it off just fine with the 600. The Explorer SE will be the backup detector. I was running in field one with the sensitivity at 21 and I cranked the volume up. I think the Equinox is user friendly.