Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ordered A 14” x 11” DD Reaper Searchcoil For The APEX And Tried It Out....."WOW"

John-Edmonton

Staff member
I am a great fan of the AT Series for general hunting needs in my local. I have always enjoyed it's sensitivity and ID/audio abilities. Someone suggested I try the Reaper coil on the APEX for similar results. Well, after about an hours worth of playing with the controls, changing frequencies etc. I was very impressed. Now I have never really been a fan of large coils, however, this coil works great! It balances well with the APEX ergonomically, remains sensitive to tiny objects and really bangs hard on the higher conductors like silver and copper. I presume it gets better depth due to it's size and other previous user's comments, but at this point that's not an issue for me. This coil, combined with the ability to change frequencies/multi-frequencies is a great fit! I am going to do several more hunts to see how well it does.
aug11.jpg

That’s great. I actually just received my Reaper coil for the AT Max today from @Richard@BackwoodsDetectors . Tested it a little & hunted with it this evening, mostly in Motion All Metal trying to reach some deeper targets in my very dry conditions. It is definitely deeper than the stock coil, especially in Disc modes. Very good sensitivity to small targets & very stabile. A bit heavier but I just shorten the shaft one notch. I’m glad to have it & will use it quite a bit.

That’s great. I actually just received my Reaper coil for the AT Max today from @Richard@BackwoodsDetectors . Tested it a little & hunted with it this evening, mostly in Motion All Metal trying to reach some deeper targets in my very dry conditions. It is definitely deeper than the stock coil, especially in Disc modes. Very good sensitivity to small targets & very stabile. A bit heavier but I just shorten the shaft one notch. I’m glad to have it & will use it quite a bit.
It sounds like a good "Fit" for the AT MAX also. Sometimes adding a new coil to an existing detector is like getting a new machine.