Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ordered a new digging tool today !

Finally ordered a real digging tool today. I went with the Piranha from Predator Tools. Looks like it'll slice through roots with no problems. I've been needing an upgrade from my hand digger for a long time. Looks pretty slick !

They certainly are great bits of kit,the trouble is over here in the UK if we want to buy one of these diggers we have to pay a premium as in carriage and also duty which is why you dont see many of them overe here,but as you cannot patent a spade as such,maybe the odd feature,name that type of thing,we have seen a massive rise in stunning copies of these diggers and at a really great price as well.

No questions about it Predator Tools are the defacto standard and have been for many years but also have seen a rise in diggers in stainless over here that are as good as quality and possibly cheaper,which is a shame i guess for Predator.

I like the wide foot step and the ling handle. I have the Raven and like it. On hindsight I think I should have purchased the Piranna because of the shape of the blade having a slight bend verses a tighter radius. With the Raven, you have to sink it in the ground more times to dig a comfortable size plug....The blade radius of the Raven of it doesn't match the plug I dig.

I like your new digging tool, but if I used that in the parks by me I would be thrown right out.

Florida Keys Pirate said:
Yeah. I'm sure. I'll have to keep the hand digger for public parks. This would be more for woods and fields.
Cool digger, and I'm so glad you mentioned for " woods and fields". Hand diggers for parks. A lot of new folks just read posts here. Good job. I know what it feels like trying to retrieve a deep target with the hand held diggers.( In the woods)
Dog

Looks like it will slice roots like butter!