Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

original or copy

ojm bc

Hi folks, I have this vintage small 4x4" photo, as you can see has a vintage westcoast native village scene with 3 totem poles.

Any guess as if this is a real original photo off a negative? I checked with a loupe and does not have evidence of a digital copy.. will take to a shop soon, any guess. thanks

It may be a scene from Alert bay BC a famous village painted by Emily Carr.

ps do you see the 3rd totem pole , its near the tall one, up close it's a fascinating scene from days gone by. I bought it at a flea market and likely is original just not sure.

Is that the only one that you bought at the flea market? Please let us know if you ever find out if it is the original.

What did you ever do with the photo showing the tall sunflower at your parent's home, the one you posted ten years or so ago on the Forum? That picture fascinated me and I have never forgotten it. Kelley (Texas) :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I had one shop say quickly say real but will get a second opinion also, Fred if you wish please drop me a email
and will send you a complimentary copy of the sunflower and Totem poles, cheers. oj

I think this is real because the graphic shows it is real and you just need to go and confirm to the flea market again. If it is original than i also need such entique pictures to my home.