Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ouch Nox 600,800

Tony-Ok

And so it begins!! Nox 700, 900 appears and the market is flooded with Nox 600,800. Minelab is there to make a profit though and new tech is always good for the hobby!!! I don’t want this to be a negative post so try to look at the positive side !!!! My only complaint about this is that First Texas/FISHER seems to be absent in High end detectors. !! HH Tony

And so it begins!! Nox 700, 900 appears and the market is flooded with Nox 600,800. Minelab is there to make a profit though and new tech is always good for the hobby!!! I don’t want this to be a negative post so try to look at the positive side !!!! My only complaint about this is that First Texas/FISHER seems to be absent in High end detectors. !! HH Tony
Well, speaking only for me personally, I just recently bought a 600 maybe/around 3- 4 months ago. didn't need the 800 because i don't gold prospect. Maybe I should have done my due diligence more closely and asked the right questions about upcoming releases. Wasn't interested in paying big $$$ for the manticore, but had I had some insight on the matter of a new release nox detector coming down the pike fairly soon I would have waited to see the new release. Anyway the 600 hunts fine for me, I don't put in the detecting time as I did many yrs ago. Maybe next season I'll sell the 600 ( at a severe loss I'm sure ) and see how the 700/900 are performing.

Till then, cheers everybody. Mark ( ohio )

Well, speaking only for me personally, I just recently bought a 600 maybe/around 3- 4 months ago. didn't need the 800 because i don't gold prospect. Maybe I should have done my due diligence more closely and asked the right questions about upcoming releases. Wasn't interested in paying big $$$ for the manticore, but had I had some insight on the matter of a new release nox detector coming down the pike fairly soon I would have waited to see the new release. Anyway the 600 hunts fine for me, I don't put in the detecting time as I did many yrs ago. Maybe next season I'll sell the 600 ( at a severe loss I'm sure ) and see how the 700/900 are performing.

Till then, cheers everybody. Mark ( ohio )
I like to let the new releases be in people’s hands for a year just in case there’s some flaws to be addressed by the manufacturer since most of these new tech products are updateable.

I wonder if the lousy coils from the 600 and 800 will fit the 700 and 900? I assume the coil connectors? I would assume that the coil connectors and charging ports would be the same.

New Tech most likely can help with siffting for old silver, relics. But the way things are going at the parks and beaches, nothing can find what ain't there. I'm right now looking at over a 20 mile stretch of sanded in tourist beaches. It's bad guys it's bad. It aint like that all over I guess but in this case no ManaWar is gonna be much help.

All excellent points. Especially what dancer said, not as much out there on the beaches and parks anymore.I tried to see anything that would convince me the MC was worth all the extra money over the 600 and 800. Almost pulled the trigger the 600 or 800 and now the 700 and 900 changed everything.
At this current point an extra $200 for and upgraded detector that shouldn’t have any leaking or coil issues is the way to go. Shame you should have to pay that extra just to have one that doesn’t have those issues but also probably a good idea to wait to make sure and if anything else comes up with the new ones.
I don’t know why in the five year time span they just didn’t bother to fix those issues with new ones going out.
Rather they just kept shipping them out the same way.
Unless it was part of the strategy to sell new models.
NM had speaker issues with some for example and actually did something and changed the speakers. Im still trying to understand why you wouldn’t do anything to correct a problem. Maybe the warranty route was less money on the bottom line? That just shows a huge amount of difference between caring about profit and customer satisfaction.
Maybe im not aware if they did fix the leaks, then the 600 and 800 would be good to get as they are discounted.

Its a similar situation with gold detecting. Finds are getting smaller and fewer and further between. Yeah some still getting into remote areas in some states can find patches and now n then some get lucky in known areas finding an ok and also those getting permission to go on private bit but many places are virtually done and dusted bar tiny speck and sub .5 gram bits. Years back you would see video after video and picture after picture here of people finding good nuggets. Now its people with the latest $8000 detector down on hands and knees scraping up tiny amounts of dirt into a scoop and sifting through it to find tiny stuff I get with my vlf. Or pictures taken by someone from a weekend trip with everything sitting on a small coin! It used to be hands or coils or maps etc. A new machine comes out here and I see in near all the places I know nothing showing any signs of people finding anything significant. 99% of the times all I see are shallow scrapes an inch or two deep if any signs at all! Years ago say when the GPX 4500 and then the 5000 came out, you'd see signs in numerous places where things several inches deep to 1 & 1/2 feet deep were found. Youd get there and go "drats I got here with mine too late!" Im not seeing that now with the newer machines since then. All the way from the SD 2000 up until the GPX 5000 it was the same, new one came out and new activity signs. Since then it's tapered off significantly.

Its a similar situation with gold detecting. Finds are getting smaller and fewer and further between. Yeah some still getting into remote areas in some states can find patches and now n then some get lucky in known areas finding an ok and also those getting permission to go on private bit but many places are virtually done and dusted bar tiny speck and sub .5 gram bits. Years back you would see video after video and picture after picture here of people finding good nuggets. Now its people with the latest $8000 detector down on hands and knees scraping up tiny amounts of dirt into a scoop and sifting through it to find tiny stuff I get with my vlf. Or pictures taken by someone from a weekend trip with everything sitting on a small coin! It used to be hands or coils or maps etc. A new machine comes out here and I see in near all the places I know nothing showing any signs of people finding anything significant. 99% of the times all I see are shallow scrapes an inch or two deep if any signs at all! Years ago say when the GPX 4500 and then the 5000 came out, you'd see signs in numerous places where things several inches deep to 1 & 1/2 feet deep were found. Youd get there and go "drats I got here with mine too late!" Im not seeing that now with the newer machines since then. All the way from the SD 2000 up until the GPX 5000 it was the same, new one came out and new activity signs. Since then it's tapered off significantly.
Thats why got to look at it from a practical point. Your not going to get rich doing it, basically go out and have some fun finding whatever any decent detector will do that. Do you really need a really expensive detector doing it as a hobby. Most old detectors will still find most of the stuff thats still out there.
All depends if you just have to have the latest and greatest.