Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out in the field with impact...already have question

DigDugNY

I'm out with the imoact and I am using Sunray pro gold headphones. There is a constant hum like a threshold tone but I'm not sure if it is because it does it in any mode I switch too. Does anyone know if it's supposed to do this or if there's a way I can make it quiet?

Are you near a source​ of EMI? Is the sensitivity too high? Let us know what you find out.
Thanks.

Dean

I have since tested several other makes of headphones and the hum is not present, It has something to do with the headphones, I'm sure someone who is tech savvy can explain why.

that issue with my quality-built Killer B 'Hornet' headphones. I do usually hear that very faint buzzy or scratchy sound if I use one of the White's Pro Star headphones I have on-hand, but the ear cup cushions are cracking on them and I'll get rid of them soon as I much prefer the Killer B 'Hornet' headphones. I did try a couple of other set of headphones and most didn't have an issue. I believe it has more to do with the way the headphones were designed and wired. I guess it might also be connected to the source of the headphones ... ie the manufacturing location, components, etc. Matter-of-fact, a new set of Killer B 'Hornets' are on my 'need-to-get' list as well as a new production Impact. :thumbup:

Monte

Monte said:
that issue with my quality-built Killer B 'Hornet' headphones. I do usually hear that very faint buzzy or scratchy sound if I use one of the White's Pro Star headphones I have on-hand, but the ear cup cushions are cracking on them and I'll get rid of them soon as I much prefer the Killer B 'Hornet' headphones. I did try a couple of other set of headphones and most didn't have an issue. I believe it has more to do with the way the headphones were designed and wired. I guess it might also be connected to the source of the headphones ... ie the manufacturing location, components, etc. Matter-of-fact, a new set of Killer B 'Hornets' are on my 'need-to-get' list as well as a new production Impact. :thumbup:

Monte

So the killer B hornet headphones don't make that background buzz noise? I love my Sunrays on other detectors but they do not suit well with the impact. That noise got annoying real quick

I would think the Sunray and killer bs would be the same as the are made by same the company and have the same components.

"I've had that 'buzz' ya'll are describing in a few set ups.
It is and can be very annoying.

Just to clarify, this 'buzz' is when using [ non wireless ] headphones?
Not the Makro 2.4Ghz accessory headphones or any other brand of wireless system?

Did you try playing with:
Gain
Thresh
Audio Tone

You might reach a point where it minimises?"

I tried everything...it just wouldn't go away.

DigDugNY said:

OK DigDugNY, you have a wiring incompatibility between your headphones and the audio circuitry in the detector in question.
It's an 'ohms' impedance issue?
Different headphones are wired differently and have different 'drivers' so intolerances can occur.

I had thought it might have been amplitude over modulation in the Tx as the Manufacturer does make "the most powerful detector made", claim ( and with 3 frequencies it could be overly complex?)
But it might be an isolated issue rather than a software upgrade?
If a lot of people complain however, it could necessitate the first post release?

I bought the Pro package and that came with headphones. I am going to try those and if it goes away then it's just my Sunrays not working correctly. If it does it with the headphones they provide then I have an issue

Des D said:
DigDugNY said:

OK DigDugNY, you have a wiring incompatibility between your headphones and the audio circuitry in the detector in question.
It's an 'ohms' impedance issue?
Different headphones are wired differently and have different 'drivers' so intolerances can occur.

I had thought it might have been amplitude over modulation in the Tx as the Manufacturer does make "the most powerful detector made", claim ( and with 3 frequencies it could be overly complex?)
But it might be an isolated issue rather than a software upgrade?
If a lot of people complain however, it could necessitate the first post release?

After unplugging my headphones from the detector I noticed the speaker of the detector itself is making the actually sound and it's being amplified when I use the headphones. I am a little concerned

dbado1 said:
Bummer. I would e-mail Dilek. She will get it taken care of for you.

Dean

I messaged her