Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out in the field with impact...already have question

Des D said:
?Can you still hear the speaker with the phones plugged in???

No I can't

Here's a short video of the sound coming from the speaker

https://youtu.be/xqa1N0xKffk

Good demo. Well done.

To my 'untrained' ears...that sounds like your wireless transmitter is on despite the non use of the accessory wireless headphones?

Des D said:
Good demo. Well done.

To my 'untrained' ears...that sounds like your wireless transmitter is on despite the non use of the accessory wireless headphones?

Just had another thought... could be Backlight related???

Des D said:
Good demo. Well done.

I don't know much about electronics but any idea works at this point. It stays on no matter what i do. Changing settings doesn't help. The one difference I notice is that it changes pitch if I change the frequency

DigDugNY said:
Des D said:
Good demo. Well done.

I don't know much about electronics but any idea works at this point. It stays on no matter what i do. Changing settings doesn't help. The one difference I notice is that it changes pitch if I change the frequency

"All very useful info for Dilek & Team to diagnose the issue?
Good luck with it and don't be surprised if they replace the unit for another?"

Des D said:
DigDugNY said:
Des D said:
Good demo. Well done.

"Duh! I keep forgetting the ability to upgrade the software!
A remedy couid be done that way?"

Des D said:
DigDugNY said:
Des D said:
Good demo. Well done.

I'm curious what people's air tests are with the machine..when I first turned the detector on when getting it, it was picking up a dime at around 11 inches and that was with the default setting (so gain was at 70). Curious if I have a HOT machine and I definitely don't want to give that up

This is exactly whats going on with my unit, what did Nokta say about it? Can you pm. I will get in touch with Nokta later in the day.

Favotti said:
This is exactly whats going on with my unit, what did Nokta say about it? Can you pm. I will get in touch with Nokta later in the day.

I messaged them and am still waiting for a response. Was the sound loud in your headphones?

So I think my Sunrays are just really amplifying that sound. Even if it is a detector flaw, when I use the stock headphones it is really quiet and yea the volume isn't as high as my Sunrays but it's manageable enough. I even used the headphone adapter to try a pair of sennheiser headphones i have and they have better quality sound and a barely noticeable hum so I'm probably just going to use those. I don't want to send it back because my unit is air testing a dime at about 11 inches with the default settings after turning it on and I think that's pretty damn good. Plus I did have a really good day with it.

its sounds like a feedback problem of some description had nothing to do with this detector so I am only guessing but it could be the detectors electronics feeding back through the speaker in some way. ie shielding problem. a form of emi if you like.

or option 2 a dodgy solder joint in the speaker audio headphone system.

or option 3 you both have dodgy headphones but after reading the posts submitted that's a long shot..

AJ

DigDugNY said:
Favotti said:

I messaged them and am still waiting for a response. Was the sound loud in your headphones?[/quote

It is definitely loud enough to hear. My chefphones give very good audio feedback and I believe thats why I hear the buzz with them and not the others I tried

Favotti said:
DigDugNY said:
Favotti said:

I messaged them and am still waiting for a response. Was the sound loud in your headphones?[/quote

It is definitely loud enough to hear. My chefphones give very good audio feedback and I believe thats why I hear the buzz with them and not the others I tried

I feel the same about the Sunrays. The audio feedback is a high volume, but using the stock headphones isn't as much. I don't think it should be that way, but I can make it work with some other headphones i have so oh well

I did a back room test of my 2 pairs of Sun Ray Pro Golds connected directly and also connected via Deteknix wireless transmitter and receiver. In all 3 frequencies on the Impact, there was NO noise. Complete SILENCE.

My Pro Golds are 2 and 3 years old.

HTH.

Wayne