Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

out with the 6x8... works like it should!

gunwolf

went back to the very trashy, mineralized street median that I have been over with both the stock and the 13" ultimate coils... they would only let me run about 14-20 sensitivity... I hit it this morning with the 6x8 sef and ran my cherry picking coin discrimination pattern with sensitivity on 28... it wasn't long before I started getting targets that I missed with the other coils... not a bad morning... after swinging the 13" for the past month this 6x8 is like having an empty stick...the size sure slows down the swing speed! amazing how deep this little coil gets...the nickels were between 6 and 8 inches... the merc and wheats about the same.
iEDIRYW.jpg

NGaiiMM.jpg

In the E-TRAC user manual (page 2:geek: it states an average sweep speed of four seconds from left to right to left. This average will only be achievable if the iron trash content of the soil will allow it.

Was it the coil or your sweep speed while using the ultimate 13 ?... It made you slow down ?

In the E-TRAC user manual (page 2:geek: it states an average sweep speed of four seconds from left to right to left. This average will only be achievable if the iron trash content of the soil will allow it.

Was it the coil or your sweep speed while using the ultimate 13 ?... It made you slow down ?
Not trying to bust you winning silver streak but if you are after that 12+ inch barber or seated...you may do better with the ultimate 13...or other bigger coil.
In trashy areas I also use an x5 coil...sometimes a variety of coils are needed to get the job done...just as you did.
Anyhow ... congats on the silver and keep posting like you are ...we all are watching and listening to what you have to offer us.
Appreciate your comments...good or bad.
HH
E L M Y

I think I would fall alseep swinging 4 seconds left to right and back again...:LOL: basically how long my swing speed is with the smaller coil.. just so I can hear every target... I'm a bit faster with the larger coils... not crazy fast.. just fast enough to keep moving. I appreciate your comments Elmy... don't ever hesitate to call me out on something I might be doing wrong... most of the public places I hunt here are heavy trash or mineralized so pushing deep even with the 13" has been a struggle... I very seldom get a private permission to hunt in good non-public trashy soil... but if I do .. bet you bottom dollar I will have the 13" on the E-trac that day...

I think I would fall alseep swinging 4 seconds left to right and back again...:LOL: basically how long my swing speed is with the smaller coil.. just so I can hear every target... I'm a bit faster with the larger coils... not crazy fast.. just fast enough to keep moving. I appreciate your comments Elmy... don't ever hesitate to call me out on something I might be doing wrong... most of the public places I hunt here are heavy trash or mineralized so pushing deep even with the 13" has been a struggle... I very seldom get a private permission to hunt in good non-public trashy soil... but if I do .. bet you bottom dollar I will have the 13" on the E-trac that day...
Yep ....sometimes it looks like an old man using a walker....push ahead ...take a step...do the swing....push ahead ...take a step.... do the swing....Boring until that deep seated dime signal wakes you up !...If only I had done that 40 years ago !:sleep:

From experience, if I had a 20x20 yard, I would go over it first with my ctx and stock coil, then etrac with Nel Storm, then etrac with my small 6" sef.

I usually find a few wheats that the first two sweeps missed.

Today Ronstar and I went to an old home (his permish) that had wheats at 2". A slow sweep wasn't really necessary. A nice change. No silver today-- drats.

I know there's a strong argument for larger coils to get those deep targets. More often than not, I go to the small coils to get those difficult mid-depth coins hiding amongst the trash. The 6X8 SEF has served me well in those circumstances. Well done thinking through your site conditions and selecting the right tool to get that silver!

Dyslexia is weird thing....

I saw the 6" side first? seriously I don't know???? maybe because I was a carpenter all those years and you don't say 4x2;)
The majority of people say 6x8, but Detech and all dealers say 8x6. I'll say this, it hits better than most 8 inch coils. I used to run a Whites V3i with their 6x10 coil and it was common knowledge that the 6" label was that coils baseline limit. The V3i loved finding 9" coins with the 8x6.

Detech made an 8x6, called it an 8x6, and it hits like an eight. "If it walks like a duck, squawks like a duck..." Well you know where I'm headed.

I easily see why people adopt the 6x8 though. It is cultural knowledge, like the 2 by 4 wood example. I just thought I'd ask ;-)

Nice finds
Mark