Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out with the ORX -Park program

kaolinwasher

this time i raised the gaine to 72. ran quite and picked out alot of good targets in a baseball park. and close to the fences as well the program is coins fast 8.4khz Disq on 45 and sweep speed @ 2.5 ignores small foils, even sees thru them to hit coins with a higher tone . I dig can slaw and tabs to find rings i find quarters get a 95 and dimes a 91 sincs 81 83 nickles 63- 65

Attachments

• 20210618_150801.jpg
    20210618_150801.jpg
    759.2 KB · Views: 128
Took the ORX to a tot lot and used the park program 8.4 khz. 2.5 sweep speed and a gaine of 79 and had the disc set to 45 and was using Coin Fast and i really cleaned house this time . 14 quarters - 7 dimes- and 6 nickles and a few pennys , and some heavy foils .but the light foils sounded low and would get lost at about 2" and i would say a good hunt .the nice thing is because the ORX is so darn light i was able to cover the hole tot lot 50 feet x 50 feet. also found a brass dog walking thing.

Attachments

• 20210619_121949.jpg
    20210619_121949.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 20210619_122016.jpg
    20210619_122016.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20210619_122003.jpg
    20210619_122003.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 120
I have an ORX with the 9" round HF coil. If I ran the gain as low as you do, I would only be hitting coins at about 2 inches. Even at gain of 90, it doesn't go very deep in coin fast. If I turn gain to 95 and reactivity to 2 it does pretty good. Coin deep is a different story though, it will definitely hit deep targets.

Wow Gunnar you are cleaning up on the clad!!

the lower khz goes deeper on high conductors. the HF is a brass , lead, ,gold coil. not good on high conductors , thats why i prefer the x 35

I am using the 9” round, coin deep, sensitivity at 80, or where it quiets down…up to 90 if possible. Even at 75 I can still hit coins in the 6-8 inch depth. Don’t be afraid to lower your sensitivity.

the lower khz goes deeper on high conductors. the HF is a brass , lead, ,gold coil. not good on high conductors , thats why i prefer the x 35
Don't know why you would say that (the h.f. coils not being good on high conductors)-----I'm digging plenty deep targets (coins) with my 9" h.f. coil in 15 kHz and my ground is pretty heavily mineralized also.

D& P i bet it goes deeper in the 8khz

D& P i bet it goes deeper in the 8khz
That might be Gunnar---but I get a lot of EMI when I go to 8 or 4 kHz on my 9" X35 where I hunt.-----With the X35 I actually like 12 & 17 kHz the best (with off sets).-----With the 9" h.f. I like 15 kHz (again, with off sets).------Works for me anyhow (coin & relic hunting).

out again with the same program settings, and reaping a good catch of cladd. Coin fast- 8.4 khz- 2.5 sweep speed- 82 gain. - 45 Disc- x 35 coil using the ORX

Attachments

• 20210621_142315.jpg
    20210621_142315.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 95
At a dicsrimination cut-off at 45 the deep/masked targets maybe 46, 47 will be weaker than normal. So depending on how you feel that day you can set it at 42 and only dig solid signals. Still going to get some thick/wadded aluminum foil but the thin rings can have gemstones in them.

Out again with the park settings and found a nice 925 silver ring, I decided to dig out some of the iron to just to clean up my spot, but the bottle cap fooled me it came in at a solid 95 right where U,S quarters come in . my settings for the ORX COIN FAST, 8.4khz 2.5 sweep speed. and disc set up to 45 gaine is your choice but i had mine at 79

Attachments

• 20210625_132523.jpg
    20210625_132523.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210625_132422.jpg
    20210625_132422.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 96
nice little ring... Congrats

Ya the light weight means more detecting,

You're making some very good finds, keep it up. I have the 9" X35 coil, but haven't used it enough to determine any favorite operating frequencies for my two custom programs on my ORX but guess they might be in the 15 to 25 kHz range, although I might like a lower frequency with that coil for some Coin Hunting sites. On-site use and side-by-side comparisons will let me decide.

For most of my current use, for City sights or those more remote, I really enjoy my 5X9.5 DD HF coil. I am getting very respectful depth of detection, and doing well on low, mid, and high-conductive targets. While most that I find are in the typical surface to about 5" depth range, I'm having no problem hitting on assorted sizes of coins down to the 6" to 8" depth range.

I based my two custom programs on Coin Deep, and both 5 User Coin and 6 User Coin have the same settings, except:

-> '5' uses a 14.4 kHz setting and '6' uses 31.1 kHz

->[/b] '5' has Iron Volume 'On' and '6' has Iron Volume 'Off'.

On both I run the Sensitivity as high as possible w/o EMI, the Discromination at '7', and Reactivity (which is not "Sweep Speed") at '2' and never higher than that.

Monte

Hay guys i recently tried coin deep 10.5khz - 2.5 sweep speed and 45 disc with only 72 gain, and it lit up the spot i searched with the coin fast i could not believe the targets comming out i just went over give it a try

I like the DEEP program. The VDI is not very accurate so it's dig anything that sounds half decent.

Just a note here about your discrimination level. Don't know if you have read any of Clive Clynick's books, but he talks about the foil cut-off and how you will miss gold if you disc out foil. Some foil wads and small bits of can slaw you just have to dig. A lot of can slaw is bigger than say a lady's gold ring. Remember the small gold can have gemstones even more valuable.

I realize some clad and an occasional silver is nice, the piece of gold is worth more. Sure, it depends on the trash level. More reactivity can bring out targets other detectors missed.