Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

outdated Nox 600 ends 2022 with a bang !

dfmike

I haven't been here in awhile and OMG I wasn't even aware that Minelab had a new version of the 600/800. Heck I just bought my 600 a little more than a year ago ! I knew about the Manticore as a buddy detector has one on order.

Anyways, doing fine with my 600. Got some time to go out more at this time of the year and this is what I got today at my regular place in the dense woods. It's a decent haul. In program 1 this machine will gobble up the remaining silver coins that are masked to other lesser machines who's names I will not divulge !

The Newfoundland silver quarter was a surprise. Being in Quebec, these silver quarters don't appear very often and they were only made from 1917 to 1919. It's my first and possibly my last unless I move to the Atlantic provinces. It's in very good condition considering its age. It was masked by two evil rusty bottle caps but an occasional high tone in the 26-29 region alerted me to investigate further. I also found a King George the fifth silver dime of 1935 and two George the sixth 1940's. One of these was totally masked by a rusty toy metal shovel. I removed the shovel, passed the coil again and lo and behold the dime was underneath with a very clear 23-24. Not pictured here were a good amount of nails, a few bottle caps that tricked me, a key and about a dozen copper pennies from assorted years going back to the 30's.

For some reason and I am totally baffled by this but I always have more success at this time of the year than at any other time (for old coins that is). I went detecting a few times throughout 2022 but I had very little success ( afew copper pennies here and there but that's about it). Once the leaves have all fallen and the cold sets in, bang ! The magic happens. It's weird but it's almost as if the detector comes alive.

I almost forgot the small ring: I found it in the woods as well and was totally surprised by it. It gave me an ID similar to a bottle cap only slightly higher at times so I dug it up. Out of the ground it's a solid 16. Looks like gold and has a makers mark inside but no gold grading. I'm not sure. Would someone put a makers mark in a costume jewelry ring ?

I hope I'll find a few more goodies before the year is through or the incoming frost stops me. So far it's been way too mild for this time of the year.

Attachments

• finds-dec001.jpg
    finds-dec001.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 71
  • finds-dec002.jpg
    finds-dec002.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 69
  • finds-dec003.jpg
    finds-dec003.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 70
  • finds-dec004.jpg
    finds-dec004.jpg