Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outstanding Minelab Repair Service!

Stogger

I had an issue as explained in my "Electronics Issue" post, where there was a problem with my pinpointing trigger that affected the overall operation. So I sent the detector back to Minelab for repair.
The detector is about 5 years old so way out of warranty, and I wondered how much this would cost me.

I first sent an email to service@minelabamericas.com with the serial number in the Subject line, explaining the situation. Then I gave a call to North America, Detector Center, Pennsylvania, USA, T: 1-888-949-6522. They readily pulled up my email and gave me an RMA number to attach to the shipment. I shipped it via a local shipping company and it arrived the following day.

They looked at the machine and determined the cost to fix it, then sent an email to tell me what they found and asked for me to confirm if or not I wanted them to go ahead with the repairs. They also found some unrelated items they recommended to be repaired. The total cost (including return shipment) was about $150. The bill I received was under $100!! I asked them about this, and they told me they gave me a one-time warranty repair of the unrelated items, so no cost for this.

They sent me a FedEx tracking number, and in a couple days I had my detector back in-hand. They did a great job packing it!

Minelab completed the job in less than a week. So with shipping both ways I had the detector back in less than 2 weeks, and the repair cost less than $100. In addition to replacing the trigger and related parts, they did a firmware update and complete checkout where they ran the machine for an hour to check for additional faults.

In my case their repair and customer service was outstanding!! They were always on-the-ball and did a great job with the repair and shipping. I haven't seen this level of customer service anywhere these days, and much appreciated their efforts.
Mike

PS. When I shipped the detector, I decided to ship the whole unit completely assembled. So if there was a problem with a connector they would see it. But it is much cheaper to ship it completely disassembled and each piece individually wrapped.

That is a HUGE confidence booster for us CTX owners who may be concerned with repairs if needed. If there is a way for the tech to check the “run time” somehow,I’m sure I have over 1,000 hours on mine. Absolutely ZERO issues so far, but I don’t water hunt either....
Sounds like a great experience Stoggger! Thanks for the update and giving props where they are deserved. EXCELLENT WORK MINELAB AND ASSOCIATES!!

ML service has improved tremendously since they do their own repairs now rather than farming them out to Kellyco. Its always going to cost more to repair the 3030 because of the weight but one thing I would caution. I had to send mine back for repairs several months ago. I went to UPS and the shipping charges were obscene because they charge not just by weight but by box size and they don't keep as many sizes. Said bye and went to FedEx store where they were more friendly and the shipping charge was half as much.

One thing I wrote was misleading. To clarify, the total from me shipping the detector out, plus the repair, plus return was about $150. They did the repair and return for under $100. It was about $50 for me to ship it out assembled.
Mike

One small point about ML service. It is still contracted out - except this time it looks like they did it right. The folks doing it now seem to be doing a great job. The coordination between ML in Chicago and the repair center in PA appears to be excellent

Just got my CTX back from Minelab (Aug, 2019) after they repaired/replace the screen, external speaker and one-way valve. The corroded external speaker and value were due to water ingress (nothing to do with battery seal). Not sure why screen died. Took about 3 days and it was back in my hands! Talk about fast service. Because everything was under warranty everything was free of charge. I do a lot of heavy surf hunting and had about 780 hrs on the machine with about 400 surf hrs. Can't do w/o my CTX 3030!

That's great! another good comment about the companies service! That's a lot of surf hunting! ...and I agree, it is a good machine! Thanks for sharing.

Mike