Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

overlaying historical map works

pointer80

Hi everyone, I was wondering is there a way to overlay images from historical map works on to google earth? If so does anyone have instructions? Thank you.

yes use a screen capture tool or snipping tool.

I just went through this. I wanted to overly old air surveys onto Google Earth. No matter how I saved the airiel pic I could not get in into, or find it through google earth browse.
I found a free program Screen Hunter and downloaded. Now I just open Screen Hunter and shrink it to a corner and open my air survey maps website. A couple clicks and the pic ends up on my desktop.from GE click on the overlay tool and I just double click the pic icon Screen hunter put on my desktop. That's easy once you do it but sizing the pic while overlaying...well I have no talent with that. I get the stupid picture all stretched out and mis shapened. The farm or building I'm trying to superimpose over todays GE ends up way off.
That's me though I allways stink with maps. You all may do it great.. Im better off just looking at the two back and forth and getting an idea where things were. Landscape and roads change so much in my New England areas over yrs. I find getting my tired old butt out there and stomp around is what works for me better. My broken brain doesnt do well on computer things and maps anymore. But I still try. Then get the pic all stretched out and not close enough to be of much help.
GL n HH all
Dog

I checked out a site called MAPRIKA.COM It has a historical map that works with google each, I haven't done it yet. Check it out.