Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Overload coil at 14-15

stevene2440

I just got a used Eclipse DD 6x9 not for the v3i but formerly belonged to a DFX..
It has a TX ser# on the wing..Not a V...
So I did the air test recommended with the boost off and with the RX at 15 & 14 I get overload.
At 13 it is mostly fine..
Is it junk?
I need it to look for gold in the motherload and not sure I can run a high RX any way...
Like I said, I just got it and have not land tested it yet...
What should i do? I got it for $90 shipped...
Send it back?
Do I need a V?
Not sure I can run the boost in the soil I need it to hunt here in Northern Calif.

The non V rated coil can come in all over as to their ability to handle boost. If you can get TX stability as high as you are, that's decent in my books. We can all worry about getting high gains till the cows come home but truth is, the most gain occurs in the mid area settings and after that...returns are diminishing. Looks to me that you opted for a chance with a non V coil and won.

I would say it is good. I had a d2 that would overload above 10. I had read that it was bad and lost its null. Whites sent a new one. I was able to compare the two and the one that lost its null performed just as good as the new one. Seldom do I ever go above rx10 anyway. If ever.

Thankx for the input... It also overloads in TX boost...Since it is not a V coil that is to be expected...
It just so happens to have on the ser. #'s the letters tx, along with numbers.. I know this has nothing to do with the TX Boost.
But in this forum it has a segment to determine if you have a bad coil by air testing at RX 15
Just concerned if this is normal for a non V coil, or just a bad coil...
Much Thankx for all your input...