Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

P.I. Vs. P.I.

silversmith

Hey guys, I'm an avid coinshooter and love it like all of you. But lately I've sort of been including "nugget hunting" along with the coin hunting. My question for you is this; Garrett offers a P.I called an Infintium (spelling?) . I'm curious, have any of you compared one to one of the better Mine Labs (also P.I.) Maybe other brands offer a P.I.? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good hunting, Ron.

There are gold machines with certain frequiencies that will also do well in coins&jewelery. Sounds like that is what you are looking for. I have a P.I machine that has it's place and works very well but a pulse induction machine goes off on ANY ferrous or non-ferrous target. I myself am waiting on the G-2 for the type of hunting you describe. Minelab machines made specifically for gold seem to be in high demand but the location where I live does'nt have enough gold to justify the cost so I will get probably a lower cost machine that will work for other types of hunting I do. Sorry about this long bunch of B.S but it's early. HH :minelab::garrett::tesoro:

Minelab DOES make PI's. They are generally the preferred detectors for larger nuggets or really bad ground. That being said, the Infinium is also a very capable nugget hunter, especially in bad ground. Check out what Steve Hershbach at AMDS has to say. Supposedly, it's about on par with the SD2200d. I've had the SD2200d and prefer the Infinium. Of course, I also hunt in streams/rivers and the Infinium is environmentally sealed (200ft depth or so). There was a lot of mud slingingin (which continues) by the somewhat rabid (not all, but some) Minelab fanboys, but that doesn't make the detector any less capable. Another alternative (though more expensive and not waterproof) is the White's TDI. ..Willy.