Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

P S N (Problem Solved, NEXT!)

gitterdug

Have you ever changed coils in the field, ONLY to discover that the $%&$%^ compression grommet at the bottom of the shaft, has popped out, and you CAN'T find it?

Well, I have. I always try and have an extra set for my machine. NOW, if I can ONLY keep track of WHERE I put those $%&$%^ friction grommets!!! (Most of you who read this probably didn't even KNOW you might have that issue, ever!) Or perhaps you are smarter than me, and keep up with schtuff........(I tend towards CHAOS in my life, but HEY! So did Einstein, and my other favorite gneius from Duck Dynasty, Si ( Or is it Cy?)

Anyway, below, I will show you a way to store them, Soooooo, Chew the meat, and spit the bones.........

First, you will need some extra Friction Grommets (Thank YOU, Doc's Detecting Supply for mine which I ordered with my Ultra Swingy Thingy).

Next, look at the second pic. I took a pipe cleaner and put the end trough the hole and made a twist, securing it.

I followed with 3 more, for a total of 4 extra grommets.....one can never tell when a fellow minelabian might lose his or hers......Note that I looped the pipe cleaner through each one, to keep it in line, in place.

Next, I removed the Lower Portion of the main housing, undoing the cables.

Note, looking head on to the back of the upper portion remaining, there are 3....yes count them, 3 holes. The one on the right is the one I used.....the others have cables.

Push the grommets, one and a time, inside that compartment and bend the pipe cleaner into a looped end which protrudes just a touch from the hole. (As shown in the 5th pic)

Put the Lower portion of the main housing together and re-connect the cables.

Close the compartment up, and THEN look at the right side of the machine......it conceals your new hidden (but available) grommets!

Don't know if this will help anyone, but I KNOW it is only a matter of time, until I will need one of those out detecting.

HH

AND, just an afterthought.....MINELAB, take note.....that little compartment could use a built in slide doing the same thing......imho.....

Dennis, with brilliance!

Great idea!

Remember that the wire in there will rust if you get it wet. Try a small zip tie instead, that's what I use to hold pieces together.

I thought of those as well, but they require. A way to cut through the tie That is why I chose the pipe cleaner. After water use simply replace. This all evolved after I got my swingy thingy yesterday. I thought of electrical tape. Duct tape. Even the pool noodles cut down and cut out to receive the grommets. The electrical tape will be my next choic to try latere. For us land lubbers water is not an issue. Lol. But you are right. Any other ideas out there?

gitterdug said:
I thought of those as well, but they require. A way to cut through the tie That is why I chose the pipe cleaner. After water use simply replace. This all evolved after I got my swingy thingy yesterday. I thought of electrical tape. Duct tape. Even the pool noodles cut down and cut out to receive the grommets. The electrical tape will be my next choic to try latere. For us land lubbers water is not an issue. Lol. But you are right. Any other ideas out there?

Small zip-lock bag.

Turn the zip tie backwards so it doesn't zip, it only needs a little effort to open the tie again and will hold the grommets together..