Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pacific Rim

Scanman

Saw the Pacific Rim Movie last night, the movie was ok, got a kick out of the father teaching his son how to use the Metal Detector took some screen shots.

Maybe they did not want to pay any usage fees or couldn't work out a deal with a manufacturer to work out a deal, so decided to make their own??? Should have at least used a newer one.

ya looks like an old one, but i did see the T2 on NCIS

There are so many movies that feature metal detectors in a scene.
The machine always looks like a cheap radio shack machine and it sounds like a Geiger counter. Some movies that have metal detecting in a scene are
National Treasure, The remake of the 80's horror flick The Fog, some movie with Michael Douglas where he is a nut case treasure hunter driving his daughter up the wall, Pacific Rim, and so many more that I can not remember.
Oddly the 80's film revenge of the Nerds actually had a Garrett ADS being used on a beach so I guess that film comes the closest to actually having a normal metal detector.
But yeah I get real annoyed when I see a metal detector in a movie where the detector makes beeps and sounds that no metal detector makes.
A movie like Pacific Rim cost two hundred million but they cant spend the cash on a Top Of the line detector? LOL
HH
Jason