Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Creek Hunt

Dan(NM)

We are in semi drought conditions here in Central Texas. I went back to the park that's been producing quite well. Today I focused on where the water would normally be under normal conditions. I ran my tone break right at 21 because the trash was almost unbearable. I may have left some nickels but I was able to pick up a few keepers. When I have more time and patience I'll go back and investigate the mid to lower tones.

Attachments

• brady1.jpg
    brady1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • brady 3.jpg
    brady 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • brady 2.jpg
    brady 2.jpg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 122
Nice hunt Dan, I know I'd be happy with a hunt like that.
Recently I've started using the same method as you are talking about, running high disc on all new areas and if I find a good productive area then slow down and lower my disc.
It's all about finding more silver for me.

We are in semi drought conditions here in Central Texas. I went back to the park that's been producing quite well. Today I focused on where the water would normally be under normal conditions. I ran my tone break right at 21 because the trash was almost unbearable. I may have left some nickels but I was able to pick up a few keepers. When I have more time and patience I'll go back and investigate the mid to lower tones.
Nice digs for sure. So you are detecting the bank that is now exposed, cool idea!

Nice hunt Dan, I know I'd be happy with a hunt like that.
Recently I've started using the same method as you are talking about, running high disc on all new areas and if I find a good productive area then slow down and lower my disc.
It's all about finding more silver for me.
Thank you. I have to drive an hour one way to hunt this place, gotta use my time wisely :)

Dang man that is a lot of good coins. You was definitely doing week there. I like the photo with the detector laying on the bank.

Nice diggins.
Love a site like that.
Try to locate the Old swimming locations.
I believe you'll be in heaven.

Dang man that is a lot of good coins. You was definitely doing week there. I like the photo with the detector laying on the bank.
Thank you, it wore me out ;)
Nice diggins.
Love a site like that.
Try to locate the Old swimming locations.
I believe you'll be in heaven.
Thank you. I'm pretty sure I know where its at. There is a concrete dam not far from where I was that had the date 1912 on it. I'll be keeping my eye on the water level ☺️

That's cool Dan! I found an old site that has remnants of a dam. Research indicates that it went out due to major ice problems in 1938. Might be a coin along that bank too!

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I know where its at. There is a concrete dam not far from where I was that had the date 1912 on it. I'll be keeping my eye on the water level ☺️
Dan, interesting strategy, and it paid off nicely for you! Even though you had to navigate a steep slope AND those nasty cockleburs, there was a reward waiting.

NICE JOB!

Steve
Thanks Steve, certainly paid off this time.

Glad you took advantage of the circumstances! Tough hunting indeed! That bank is a perfect place to hunt. Congratulations on some great finds!!

Dan, interesting strategy, and it paid off nicely for you! Even though you had to navigate a steep slope AND those nasty cockleburs, there was a reward waiting.

NICE JOB!

Steve
Thanks Steve, certainly paid off this time.

Good Luck
Be careful of those Dam fishing Hooks