Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Hunters....a little heads up for you...or... are you now scratching your head ?

@REVIER-- I always assumed coins adjacent to metal would alter the FE, not the CO to any great extent.

Anyway, this thread allowed me to nab a small pocket spill today, 'swinging' with ronstar-- got a 8 28 reading (I would normally skip), dug it, and out pops a nickel. I'm like, wtf, the reading was way off. Ron said, 'gotta be more coins in the hole!' He was right-- two dimes and two pennies.

It was a dig everything day. Got a zinc reading, and in the hole stacked on top of each other were four coins-- 3 one dollar coins, a chinese 5 wujiao. and a General Grant token from King's Canyon National Park. Hey, I made better than a buck an hour today!

As always, I wish silver and gold were more plentiful in my corner of the world.

@REVIER-- I always assumed coins adjacent to metal would alter the FE, not the CO to any great extent.

Anyway, this thread allowed me to nab a small pocket spill today, 'swinging' with ronstar-- got a 8 28 reading (I would normally skip), dug it, and out pops a nickel. I'm like, wtf, the reading was way off. Ron said, 'gotta be more coins in the hole!' He was right-- two dimes and two pennies.

It was a dig everything day. Got a zinc reading, and in the hole stacked on top of each other were four coins-- 3 one dollar coins, a chinese 5 wujiao. and a General Grant token from King's Canyon National Park. Hey, I made better than a buck an hour today!

As always, I wish silver and gold were more plentiful in my corner of the world.
Yes...this is what the thread was started for....pocket spills and the wakeup shout to those Pattern hunters in parks...a Bill S pattern hunter would have missed the 8-28 spill with the nickel !
Thanks for your and Ronstar's posts ! I saw in today's finds he hit a nickel masked pocket spill too, got my wings post.
E L M Y

Last edited:
Additionally...... the area we specifically went after today was a continuation of the area I dug the Dodge Brothers wings. When I started that day I hit an area maybe 36” in diameter which produced several individual hits in the zinc and higher range. I almost went after it but figured if jkline and I could connect he could swing that 3030 over for a second opinion.
Later that night or the next day I watched the video that Klipper made where he used pinpoint mode to sneak up on the area. If large iron underneath then pinpoint would sound continually, if coin then confined detection area. So today jkline hit it and numerous hits. I activated pinpoint and the entire area sounded off. He did the same with same results so that tip is a keeper!!! I cant tell you how many times I’ve hit high numbers and its 2-3” down and when I go after it it ends up 8-10” or more. Another tip I’m learning when that happens if showing shallow the handheld pinpointer will react and if it doesnt then you’re probably chasing a ghost. Each time I go out I’m learning more!!!

Additionally...... the area we specifically went after today was a continuation of the area I dug the Dodge Brothers wings. When I started that day I hit an area maybe 36” in diameter which produced several individual hits in the zinc and higher range. I almost went after it but figured if jkline and I could connect he could swing that 3030 over for a second opinion.
Later that night or the next day I watched the video that Klipper made where he used pinpoint mode to sneak up on the area. If large iron underneath then pinpoint would sound continually, if coin then confined detection area. So today jkline hit it and numerous hits. I activated pinpoint and the entire area sounded off. He did the same with same results so that tip is a keeper!!! I cant tell you how many times I’ve hit high numbers and its 2-3” down and when I go after it it ends up 8-10” or more. Another tip I’m learning when that happens if showing shallow the handheld pinpointer will react and if it doesnt then you’re probably chasing a ghost. Each time I go out I’m learning more!!!
I'm glad it worked for you!

I miss spelled your name Knipper...... correction noted!!!!

So essentially use Andy S's program, and pretty much dig everything. Kinda like I've been doing, on the hunt for those sweet gold rings.

I guess one has to decide the level of trash they want to dig compared to the small chance of silver pocket spills or gold rings in your local park.

Oh man, your anecdote is unforgettable-- if I were Citizen Kane I'd be mumbling, 'Coin hoard!' on my death bed.
could you post some of the sweet gold rings you are finding ?...maybe it is time for a little sweet gold for me.....also any numbers fe and co you can remember...I just may catch the gold fever if you are successful at it.

Elmy, I've only found one gold ring-- just a band, nothing fancy. It rang up 10 10. The black sand was challenging.

From my research, gold can appear almost anywhere on the open portion of Andy S' program.

That being so, this should be helpful for you: http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,37325,37325
If you have only found one...unless I am near a swimming hole in my area....It ain't worth it...I got a mans wedding band that rang up a 31 on a ball diamond...I was looking for rings that day and dug many 30's
pull tabs and can slaw...too much work and I thought I was on caddy shack the movie....except I was the gopher.....a lot of holes I dug that day...but I was careful covering it all up.

I understand where you are coming from. However, being in a silver poor area, gold gives me something to shoot for. And as Ronstar just found a $1,000 gold necklace, the dream of riches keeps me motivated.

My hunt/quest for gold is situational-- after a couple hours of slaw and zinc, I've done my bit for king and country and just hunt for the high tones.