Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Hunting Questions?

CanadaDig

I hunt soccer fields, baseball fields etc for coins....Since I work alot , I am limited on time and sometimes it feels overwhelming on where to start on any particular park. I have found a few silver rings and I do not know if Im just lucky or if their is a Best place to start.

Soccer fields-----found 2 silver rings in and around the goalie box area and 1 about 3 feet from the sidelines...which makes sense

baseball fields------havent found anything-----where is the best place to start...outfield, infield, homeplate.....or not worth the time

playgrounds-----just coins and toy cars

parks-------------near large trees----but seems like pot luck

beaches-----coins only----all over---no real pattern, any strategy----tide lines? shallow water? any strategy would be helpful...mostly i hunt on the great lake region here in canada.

is their any strategies---or ideas to start first or just pick a spot?

Football fields and soccer fields sidelines seem best where all the people are watching the games....baseball diamonds, outfields are the best for me....old parks, I just wonder around and try to find spots other people might avoid because they are hard to hunt, slopes, hills etc.....

Hi CanadaDig,

I can't comment on the first two, but playgrounds, I always look around the end of slides or equipment where parents are likely to catch a child. Also look around where mums and dads sit while the kids play and look around any taps where people are likely to wash there hands and shake them dry as they walk off, often a ring will slip off as the shake the water off their hands.

Parks, you are on to it with big trees,around the trunk and under the canopy, again around taps/ drink fountains where they can wash their hands. I guess also look for where people sit when having a picnic.

The beach, if looking for rings hunt 10 feet either side of the waterline. Also you will often see on a busy beach a towel line where most people sit closest to the water, often a good spot for coins but I have also found some nice jewellery and a watch as people take items off before going into the water and then forget about them when they pick up their towel to go home and stuff drops into the sand.

There are some very knowledgable people on here who will add to what I have suggested, Also try posting your beach question over on the beach hunting forum.

The other thing I do when looking for a park to hunt is look at old arial photos if you can get them. Here in Australia you can access them from which ever government department is in charge of land. That way I can see if there were any old structures that have since gone or where there is now just grass may have had nice shady trees 50 years ago. Hope that helps.

Best of luck!

CanadaDig said:
I hunt soccer fields, baseball fields etc for coins....Since I work alot , I am limited on time and sometimes it feels overwhelming on where to start on any particular park. I have found a few silver rings and I do not know if Im just lucky or if their is a Best place to start.

Soccer fields-----found 2 silver rings in and around the goalie box area and 1 about 3 feet from the sidelines...which makes sense

Hit the team bench areas both behind and in front. I found 2 gold rings behind the benches this year. And of course the bleacher areas.

baseball fields------haven't found anything-----where is the best place to start...outfield, infield, home plate.....or not worth the time

I never hunt on the field only along the fence outside the field. From first base, along the back-stop, to third base, and found hundreds of coins this season.

playgrounds-----just coins and toy cars

parks-------------near large trees----but seems like pot luck

In parks also look for hills, any shade area, or field where folks might play touch football or wiffle ball.

beaches-----coins only----all over---no real pattern, any strategy----tide lines? shallow water? any strategy would be helpful...mostly i hunt on the great lake region here in canada.

is their any strategies---or ideas to start first or just pick a spot?