Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park land UK

sniffer

What a very good detector the V3 is, the more I use the more I learn new things ,altering the coin program to suit our coinage,watching the bars gives you added knowledge just one hour produced these targets from a field done to death over the past 20 years by almost every detector made. Example of how good the V3 is ,Vdi 35 two bars green ,top bar offset to the right is a bottle cap,but 3 bars in a line 35 is a 20 pence coin ,well done Whites,

Well done sniffer:thumbup: 13 coins and a ring in an hour is impressive from a well hunted park. Your coinage is very colorful, large and thick compared to what we have in the states. Enjoyed your picture.

Most of the coins are new losses that any detector could have found, take it out on a roman or medival site full of iron, then come back and tell us how good the detector is

From your post ghostman you do not have a V3, Pity you had no answer to the Vdi screen remarks, or comments to make,that would be helpful to others,

No i do not have one, and until i can get some feedback on how it performs on site's like plough fields, roman medieval etc i wont be getting one.

vdi numbers, and all the bells and whistles, mean nothing on plough fields as you dig everything, what's important are things like does the detector run stable,does it go deep, has it a good recovery speed.

When i see reports of finding hammered coins at 6-8 inches i will consider buying one.

I used to have DFX and i wont be getting a V3 until it is proven to be a winner by UK hunters.

What's the deepest coin you have found with the V3 so far sniffer?

Has it got good iron rejection? do you hear the iron in the ground? or does the detector ignore it?

Have you put a hammered coin next to a rusty nail and seen how close you can find the hammered coin, with a good signal?

Have you buried a hammered coin at around 7 inches and been able to get a nice clean signal?

This is what UK people want to be reading about, not finding a few modern coins lost last year in a park

That's a nice variety of coins there, especially in a hard hit place - and a ring to boot - and in an hour. WTG!

There are plenty of good detectors out there that already foot that bill. Don't blame you for not wanting to cough up your hard earned money to purchase an expensive new toy prematurely. However...the V3 is starting to prove itself in some really diversified situations. Tell you what. Over here in the states, hammered coins are rare to nonexistent in the ground. I only have a couple really small Hungarian dinars, but I do have access to some assorted early long crosses. I'll start running some experiments to try and replicate what you guys in the UK have to deal with as you really have my curiosity up. I'll tell you one thing. The V3 does "hear" iron well and (I guess this is a "second" thing) the recovery speed adjustments on this thing do work as billed.

Just went through your posts on the V3, and you aren't being out of line at all. Healthy skepticism is just that...healthy. Tomorrows a holiday over here and I'll start messing around with that hammered test.

Thank you nw1886

Yes i am not slating the V3 in any way, it is an expensive machine, i used to have an XLT great machine, the DFX in the UK was a big disappointment to everyone

What sounds interesting about the V3 is that you can except down to iron, then assign a tone of your choise to those iron vdi's, this sounds a great feature.

I think Whites has a winner here, if it's better than an XLT, then it will be one hell of a machine.

My only concern is the D2 coil i tried this on a DFX and was not impressed, there also seems a lot of people reporting EMI issues

Have a great holiday tomorrow, the sun is out in the UK at the moment which makes a nice change

I have to agree with you GhostMan, when I see how it works under "extreme" conditions, first then do I really know how well it works.

As time goes on, I do feel more and more will be picking up the V3. It's very accurate and more stable with the VDI numbers. I definitely can guess with more accuracy what is in the ground before digging. The live controls are super. I am using the HiPro program with very little changes and am more than pleased with it. Had the DFX, which is a fine machine, too, but.......just had to upgrade. It's a real WINNER in my book:detecting:

sniffer

You have only had your detector 3 weeks and your selling it on ebay? you also had an E-trac which you sold after a few weeks? my question is if the V3 is so good why are you selling it

Ghostman, So why don't you ask your mates in the UK for their opinions???????????? Fields have been planted here. We have no Roman sites here. hammered coins are a rare find here.We share info here. We are not personal field testers. Man up and buy a V3 and test in under your conditions and report back if you like. Maybe a Red Heat would suit your conditions or a Golden Mask. They both work under the conditions you described and find hammered. Kindest regards. George K.

Detectorguru

sniffer is from the UK, and i was asking him for his opinions, i wont man up and buy the machine, i research any machine i buy before purchasing,this forum is for sharing information, and is open to everyone worldwide.

The V3 has only been in the Uk for around a month, there is little if any feedback.

The red heat is no longer made, the guy that made them died, the golden mask is a good detector,but not what i want.

My number one choice is a V3 my second choice is a French make, that has not yet being released, both are very expensive, i will research and ask questions on both machines before making and rash decisions i may regret

I think he just has. Which ever machine you pick ghostman....if you put half as much energy learning the thing as you do investigating your purchase...it'll be the right choice.

Yes sadly Vic died. He was a good man. I like my Goldmaxx and also curioius about the new machine. Point taken. Regards.

Hi thanks for all the positive comments, it's not so much learning the machine in the UK, the hard part is getting permission for fields to detect on

Detectorguru i have never used a Goldmaxx power, but it has a huge following here in the UK,if there new machine is going to be better than the goldmax power then it's going to be something very special.

The V3 is my number one choice,but i would be jumping the gun if i did not wait to see what this new xp machine is all about

Are fields have been there for thousands of years, i am sure they can wait another 3-4 months for me to make my mind up

good luck with your searching in the USA, and have fun.

Regards

All the best signs are there on the Spectra V3. When the leading edge is often reluctant to let others know just how well they are actually doing with it only because they want to hunt the old previously producing sites first, you know it is a winner! It's not a magic stick, but a number of different people in different areas finding broken sections of gold chain at depth, it is impressive.

Most impressive for me wasn't a valuable target, 1/8 inch brass plumbing ring at six inches, but it read loud and clear, locked on ring range, and I did find a nail first while recovering. It was so small it came in strongest at 22.5 kHz. Really was thinking gold. Always recheck your hole!

Howard

Cheers mate.