Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park2 Missing Some Coin Garden Silver Dimes

5900_XL-1

I was testing different programs yesterday, using Park1 and Park2, with all user settings exactly the same on the 600. I have 3 deeper silver dimes, 6", 7" and 8 inches. I have always used Park1 except during the early days, and Park1 seemed to always do me best.

Park1 hits each if those silver dimes very nicely, but Park2 misses 2 of them, and the third silver dime signal is weak with a lower tone than high conductors hits for me. It works the same way with either the 11" or the 6" coil. Again, each and every user setting is mirrored in both P1 and P2. Needless to say, I will use Park1.

Park 2 higher weighted freq and park 1 lower weighted freq. Lower likes silver a little better. I have no problem here hitting deep silver with park 2 though around 10 inches on a dime....my ground is mild though.

Thanks. I never really studied the frequency weighting at length. I found a good read on the ML site that does a good job in explaining it at length. I am shocked at the level of diminished performance at these relatively medium depths, on silver coins, the six and 7 inch ones mostly.

Glad to know that it makes sense. I may never intentionally run Park2 or Field2. Maybe for specific jewelry hunts.

calabash is right about the freq difference in the two modes . Lower freqs penetrate deeper than higher freqs but higher freqs light up low conductors better .

When you have some iron with the silver or the ground is dirty the nox looses some punch and ID on silver . The opposite can be said with a nickel in the same ground the nox will see this deeper than the silver.
The CTX is better for silver than the nox because it runs lower freqs than even park one but the nox is better for nickels than the CTX no ? about it but ID may very some .

Coin hunting I take the CTX because I want the best chance for silver if hunting low conductor the nox comes out . sube

I run park2 and now field 2 but I run no discrimination and I have no problem hitting a deep silver dime or gold I found two 14k rings this month one 11.5 grams it was 10+” deep in park 2 .
Field 2 I hit 3 pieces of jewelry this week one 14k ring.
And in field 2 it opened up more finds in this field 3 rings so far..
My point is depending on soil conditions your settings should be adjusted to conditions I contribute my high silver finds and jewelry to being flexible and changing up my settings I’m always tweaking my machine and it pays off big time try it I’m sure you’ll see your finds increase.
HH
Mark

Mkus said:
I run park2 and now field 2 but I run no discrimination and I have no problem hitting a deep silver dime or gold I found two 14k rings this month one 11.5 grams it was 10+” deep in park 2 .
My point is depending on soil conditions your settings should be adjusted to conditions I contribute my high silver finds and jewelry to being flexible and changing up my settings I’m always tweaking my machine and it pays off big time try it I’m sure you’ll see your finds increase.
HH
Mark

Have you tested in a coin garden to specifically test silver tones at different depths, using both Park programs?

5900_XL-1 said:
Mkus said:
HH
Mark

Have you tested in a coin garden to specifically test silver tones at different depths, using both Park programs?
I have not I watch all calabashes videos though and they help a lot..

Hi,
I use Park 1 or Field 1 for general hunting and especially for going after deeper silver since according to the manual, like Calabash said, they are optimized for coin sized objects, larger jewelry and relics and use lower transmit and receive frequencies that will work better on higher conductors like copper pennies, dimes, quarters and silver.

I use Park 2 and Field 2 if I am hunting for smaller targets like micro jewelry, small lead and especially lower conductors, since the transmit and receive frequencies used are weighted higher. I have actually had good success using Park 2 for small gold nugget prospecting for grain of rice sized and smaller gold. It works great even on the Nox 600. Park 2 and Field 2 will also hit really small jewelry like earring posts and small chains down to about 6".
Jeff

I thought that I would give this a bump and share my results from yesterday. First I hit the local schoolyard and managed to pull a couple of wheats. I went in back of the school and hit the curb. Now there have been Dairy Days celebrations along this street for a number of years. I dug quite a bit of clad and the right in front of my coin hunting buddies house I got a nice dime signal. I was in Park 1 and sensitivity at 21. I switched to Park 2 and the signal was breaking up as I swept it. I went back to Park 1 and it hit nice and hard. At the bottom of a 7" hole I popped out a nice 1945 Mercury dime! I went and knocked on my buddies door and he comes out to look and says..No Freakin way! Oh yeah...What a golden moment! He has been using my Tesoro Tol-Tec 100 but don't go out much..He may have learned a lesson! Ted

5900_XL-1 said:
I was testing different programs yesterday, using Park1 and Park2, with all user settings exactly the same on the 600. I have 3 deeper silver dimes, 6", 7" and 8 inches. I have always used Park1 except during the early days, and Park1 seemed to always do me best.

Park1 hits each if those silver dimes very nicely, but Park2 misses 2 of them, and the third silver dime signal is weak with a lower tone than high conductors hits for me. It works the same way with either the 11" or the 6" coil. Again, each and every user setting is mirrored in both P1 and P2. Needless to say, I will use Park1.

Try a manual ground balance and see if it does any better. If if does or not, would you let us know?