Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Part 1 evaluation of the Nokta FORS CoRe

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello ..In one of the shipments to USA, the USB adaptors were not included by mistake. I apologize on behalf of my team and if you want, we can send one out to you via UPS express.

Wow I didn't expect that. Thank you very much but this was not your fault. I had to purchase this detector from a dealer in Turkey to get the new version with the blister type buttons. So hopefully I can get an adapter from a electronics store somewhere.

Thank You.

I would love to purchase the new version fors core but cant find any here ?when will they be available

pax said:
I would love to purchase the new version fors core but cant find any here ?when will they be available
If you mean the latest with the membrane touchpads rather than the original rocker switches, I'll a comment.

Because we have had some rain and such, I installed the Nokta's weather cover. My unit has the latest membrane touchpads, but there are times, especially after dark, when I have had a little difficulty locating the touchpads and pressing them sufficiently with the weather cover in place. After watching Keith maneuver his FORS with the rocker switches, those look far handier and practical for anyone who might search during the night, or if they have a weather cover in use. I know Oregon Gregg seems to prefer the rocker-switch design as well and might order in one with the rocker-switch version.

Monte

steve herschbach said:
Hi Gregg,

I am flattered to have my name mentioned in the same sentence with the "big guys!" I do not think I am nearly as good as any of them with all this detecting in iron stuff and I certainly am not near as analytical in how I approach my machines.
Perhaps your not as dedicated to hunting in popular Coin Hunting locations, or picking your way through challenging Relic Hunter's dense iron challenges as some of us. But, not everybody will hunt in a Threshold-based All Metal mode as often as you do, nor have the same type of hunt site demands to tackle varying ground mineral conditions, high iron-content ground, and I know I can add the patience level for being persistent to cope with your sets of challenges to find raw gold.

steve herschbach said:
Frankly between Keith and Tom over on Tom's forum and Monte and Keith here people have it really well covered. I may add a few tidbits here and there but I came to my own conclusions regarding Nokta/Makro quite some time ago.
Well, your "tidbits" are always welcome, along with your opinions of how different new-on-the-market detectors match up to the performance that YOU want and need. Some readers do a little nugget hunting, or at least want to try to, and I am sure quite a few have the same desire as I to get your reports from afield on how different detectors and search coils are performing for you in your Gold Nugget Hunting adventures ... especially the FORS and Racer.

Analytical? :nerd: Okay, I guess I might be at times. As for the conclusions you reached on the Nokta/Makro product line, the fact that you call things the way you see them is what I also appreciate since I do much the same. I wish I would have climbed on board the Nokta train earlier, though, because for me and the types of hunting I do, the FORS CoRe is a well-engineered detector that works well, for me and my needs. The Racer seems to be chugging right along with it, too!

steve herschbach said:
I do now have a Racer but was out of town when it arrived. I just put it together and have it sitting here with the 5.5" x 10" DD coil and am imagining this is what the Gold Racer will look like, though maybe a different color? Don't know, but I like what I am seeing and handling. Hopefully I will be able to get out and about with it tomorrow.
I checked the weather for the Reno area and it looks like mostly sunny weather all week, with comfortable highs in the mid-50°s to low-to-mid '60°s. A bit cool at night, but nothing like that Alaska weather you used to put up with. I'm looking forward to your report on the Racer's performance in your hunt sites.

For me and my iron nail site hunting, the small coil and 5½X10 both handle the conditions quite well, and some quick testing in All Metal seemed pretty good, but it was brief in that mode.

Monte

Hi guys I know this is an older post but I just wanted to thank you for all of your insite on the nokta. I just orded on after reading your posts it convinced me that it was the right choice.

if you have any questions, feel welcome to give a FORS CoRe user an e-mail or ask here on the Forum.

Monte

I just can't wait for the part 2 EVALUATION, hopefully soon, if not in April... which I believe he is going to focus on the FORS model exclusively. Again, not only for himself, but from his amazing write ups, real world ratings/testings, that we ARE ALL LEARNING FROM. Thank you Monte for your teaching lessons and LEARNING scenarios, that you share with us, good & bad. We are truly honored and blessed, for what you are doing. Thank you.

Bubba

greaser said:
You said it Bubba.

So how is your detector working for you greaser? I gotta get some sleep, but I cant wait to try it out tomorrow in CW relic hunting...details to follow ;-)

So far so good Bubba. I am going to hit my first good permission of the year tomorrow, hopefully I will have some good finds to report. Definitely let us know what you dig tomorrow.

I plan on ode ring one of these units in the Fall of next year. I want to wait uni til we have a dedicated dealer her in the USA, Beale.

you're just not financially set to get a Coin & Relic unit now.

I just ordered a Racer from Richard at Backwoods to complement my Racer and FORS CoRe, and was talking with a friend and he decided he likes the red color of the Racer and wants to get one now. He just got a new FORS CoRe last Saturday, but now he'll sell it to get a Racer Pro package. There are some out there like him who have a new-to-them FORS and would sell them reasonably and you wouldn't need another Nokta Dealer.

Or, if you just want to shop other than Kellyco, there is another dealer as Nokta Detectors posted on Tuesday. Here's the link.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2165518,2165518#msg-2165518

I might even buy my friend's FORS CoRe, if he doesn't list it soon, and get it to someone in our metal detecting club in a week or so. I know I sure enjoy using mine with the 7X11 stock search coil for cruising the open parks and freshwater beach here in town, and like the performance as I do my Racer. Maybe if it was the off-red color like the Racer he might like it better? :rofl:

Beale said:
I plan on ode ring one of these units in the Fall of next year. I want to wait uni til we have a dedicated dealer her in the USA, Beale.
Get one brand new or buy a recent revision, like my friend's, and you'll have it in your hand and ready to use.

Monte