Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PATH Club Fun Hunt Was Very Interesting

flinthunter

Only six people showed up for the club fun hunt Saturday, but I believe everyone had a good time.

Lots of clad and only a couple older coins found in the grassy areas of the park, but the interesting part of the hunt happened when Star spotted some bare dirt. It was only an area measuring about 15 by 30 feet but had been covered by concrete since before the mid 1970's, so I believe that it had never been hunted before. In total she pulled 1 silver quarter, 1 Barber Dime, 2 Mercury Dimes, 1 Indian Cent, 1 1850's French coin, and 23 Wheat Cents. Several other members joined her in this small area and also found a few older coins.

We've hunted this park since the mid 70' and it was awesome hunting when we first started detecting there. Just imagine what it was like when the first people with detectors started hunting there a few years earlier.

Congratulations to Star and the other lucky hunters. Sorry we couldn't make it to the hunt or Board meeting, that four letter word (work) keeps getting in the way, especially this month. Looks like I might get a few days off work late in the month though.

Larry has been working so much playing catch up. Way to go Star and others.

We wish we had some rain, I don't know about Peoria but our ground is bone dry here.